Dr. Adolfo Narvaez MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Bradenton, FL

3.2

December 23rd, 2015
Never again
Just changed insurance so had to find a new Pcp , I have had my check up done for the year so I needed no care , however the only thing I needed was a referral for a screening mammogram due to insurance requiring this , but my Pcp did not take my insurance , I called the office and told them the situation and I did not need ANYTHING, just a referral , they stated just come in and do vitals (get established ) and then we should be able to help you out . I came in for my appointment , took 45 min to see him , he came in and said hi and asked if any issues and I told him I did not need anything just a referral and he acted like I just asked him for narcotics and started yelling " I'm a medical doctor I don't have any history in you " i said again my pcp just did everything 3 months prior and if he needed my records that was fine I had already signed the medical release it wasn't an emergency , he then yelled again , "no , I need to do my own blood work I can't go off another doctor record " I proceeded to tell him I spoke with his staff and they assured me I would be able to get a referral , again he got loud and said " you don't go through my staff , you have to go through me , I am the Doctor " at that point I stood up and grabbed my purse and told him the conversation was over and that he wasted my time and acted as if I was asking for drugs !! This doctor thinks he is above everyone else and I wouldn't recommend my dog to him , he is unprofessional and has no business being a doctor if he can't talk to patients ! He would get 0 stars in my opinion but I can't leave a review without at least 1 star which is too high imo!

July 28th, 2015
Only good part about Obamacare was I got to see Dr. Narvaez and got my health in check.

April 24th, 2015
Nickel and Dime Doctor
The doctor was pleasant and seemed competent but eventually appeared to be more interested in driving up his billing than in serving his patients. The office staff was completely uncaring and rude. To get an answer for even the most rudimentary question or to have simple issue resolved required one to make an office visit. I am Type 2 Diabetic and use a Flex-pen. I had been for a check-up about (4) weeks prior to needing to have my prescription for pen needles refilled. Pretty simple right, they even have a sign posted in the waiting area that says maintenance medications would be refilled as long as you had seen the doctor in the past 3 months. Wrong! The staff refused to refill my prescription unless I came in for an office visit, which resulted in time off from work, a bill to Blue Cross Blue Shield, and $30 copay out of my pocket. I asked if I could speak to the doctor or even just one of the nurses, but was told that would not be possible. I asked if I could have one of them call me later when they weren't busy and the response was "We'll see". Of course no one called. On my visit the next day I briefly explained the issue to the nurse. After putting me in an exam room the "office manager” came in and yelled at me warning that I better not bother the doctor with it or I'd be looking for a new doctor." She actually chewed me out for voicing my displeasure at having to waste my time and money to get a simple prescription refilled. I can't imagine why the rest of the reception/office staff is so unfriendly with a leader like that to model after. When I finally got to see the doctor (after having been left waiting for almost an hour) I began to detail the situation to him. He immediately began to blame the pharmacies for causing huge problems with all the unnecessary faxes they send to the doctor’s offices. He seemed to have a special distaste for Walgreen's! When I asked him if he thought that a patient should have to book an appointment, take time off from work, and pay for an office visit just to get their pen-tips refilled his response was to rant and complain about how little the insurance companies pay him to see patients. I'll be searching for a new doctor…

April 22nd, 2015
would never go to again
Sure he spends time with you, but to much. He repeats himself on even the unimportant and is hard to understand with his accent. He hates to prescribe medicine even when necessary. I was given refills till my check up then still had to remind him I needed a new refill at the time of check up. This was for thyroid so pretty routine and NOT elective medicine. I also needed my migraine medicine refilled which he also failed to do at the check up even after reviewing my chart and taking a long time. So when I called a few weeks after I was told since I didn't bring it up to the Dr. I would have to make another appointment. My husband went to see him as well and hated him. The Dr blames most problems on weight and smoking and doesn't give medicine easily even when it's necessary.

January 8th, 2015
Worst doctor ever. Definitely he don't like overweight people. He associated every sickness to the overweight. This man if I can call him doctor. Discriminate you only if you look few pounds over.

January 13th, 2011
Excellent Physician
I have been going to Dr. Narvaez for over 20 years now. I am 54 years old and he also sees my 82 year old mother. He has been with us through surgeries, deaths, and chronic illnesses. He is always very professional and takes the time to explain things such as diet and your particular illnesses in layman's terms. His longer wait time is expected because he dedicates so much time with each patient. Overall a 5/5. Have referred many friends and family and will continue to do so.

July 29th, 2010
Best Physician in Bradenton!!
This Dr. is GREAT!! He is the only Physician that I trust.