Orthopedic Surgeons

5200 Centre Ave
Ste 415
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
412-802-4100
Locations and availability (4)

by Aggie Flynn on Sep 1st, 2014

Dr. Yates put me back together when I was at the point of no hope. I was in much pain. It was an unusual hip replacement. It was the 4th time around on this hip for surgery. Needless to say, he didn't have very much to work with as there was not much bone left. I was referred to Dr. Yates be another orthopedist, whom I will be forever grateful. Praise God for Doctors like Dr. Yates. He truly cares.

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

I had been seen by two ortho surgeons prior to meeting Dr. Yates. One doctor told me that I needed immediate hip replacement surgery. The second doctor said that my hip wasn't that bad. I was looking for a tie breaker when I scheduled with Dr. Yates. I was impressed with his thoroughness. He reviewed my history, ordered only the necessary tests and gave me a thorough examination. He concluded that my hip wasn't a candidate for immediate surgery but it was inevitable. He established trust by being honest. He managed my condition for almost two years before I decided it was time to have the surgery. It's been two weeks since I had total hip replacement and I'm pain free & nearly walking without assistance. Dr. Yates is a skilled surgeon who truly cares about his patients. He gives you enough time and attention and will do anything in his means to improving your quality of life.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by C, Arrow on May 1st, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Yates for any kind of knee problems. I had my right knee replaced 2 1/2 yrs ago and my left knee replaced 6 months ago. Dr. Yates did a great job with both knees, and I am very happy with the results. He made sure the pain was well controlled. It is wonderful to be able to shop, walk, and be back to a normal life. He is very compassionate, personable and always has a joke to make you laugh. Dr, Yates takes his time to answer questions and explains things thoroughly . He helped me to make up my mind as to when it was time for replacements.

by Libby C on Jan 21st, 2013

Dr. Yates has taken very good care of my mom and I have referred him to others. Once in awhile we have to wait but understand why because he spends unhurried time with us for very thorough exams. It is much appreciated.

|  Excellent Dr.  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Yates. I had a T.H.R. and a bone graft in January 2012. I am pleased with the results.

|  Very Satisfied Patient  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

Dr. Yates is tops among his peers. As everyone else has already stated, he truly cares for his patients. I am getting hip replacement in 4 days and he has guided me through everything that is humanly possible. He listens to what you say and ask, he makes sure you fully understand everything that he does, and he will no doubt have you laughing even when you think you can't. His staff is just as nice as you could want them to be as well. Marlene is just as super as the Doc. is. As a matter of fact, my mother was so impressed with him that she started seeing him herself. ;)

|  great doctor  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

He is very caring and concerned about his patients. He helped me out tremendously and fixed my problem when noone else could. He remembers me even after 4 years. Would recommend to anyone with knee problems.

|  dr.yates  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

most excellent /very pleased with surgeon /and surgical skills

|  Finally an answer to my knee pain  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

It was wonderful after a year and a half in pain following knee replacment surgery to have a second opinion and get the answer to my post-operative problem. Dr. Yates is very infomative and very compassionate. It only took about 5 or 10 minutes of his reviewing my history, looking at my operative report and examining my knee to come up with he thought my problem was. I am finally feeling better.

Apr 29th, 2011

After 14 surgeries (I'm 56) I think I know doctors and Dr. Yates is one hellava doctor. Not only a very good surgeon, but a REAL doctor. Terrific bedside manner. The comments I've read here are exactly right and then some. When it's time for my next knee replacement, he's the man! Stuart Siegel

Feb 8th, 2011

Dr.Yates gave me a thorough exam, ordered only the necessary tests, explained the results and answered all of my questions. I felt he treated me as an individual and gave me the time & attention that I needed. I had a long wait but I realized that someone else may have been waiting while he me his attention. He recommended a conservative treatment plan because he didn't think my condition warranted surgery. This doctor is more concerned about his patients than making money which is rare any more. I would highly recommend this doctor.

|  My Surgery  |  show details
by Mrs. Bernadette Boston on Mar 18th, 2010

My firs visit to Dr.Yates was not what I had expected. He was so down to earth and talked directly to me and made me feel so comfortable that I had no trouble trusting him to perform my total knee replacement. He made me feel that he would take great care of me and he did just that. He came to see me everyday that I was at Shadysid Hospital and this was on Feb.5,2010 when we had the very bad snow. His bedside manner can not be compaired with anyone else. He listens to what you say and dose not make you feel like some number. If you need to have any type of knee surgery this is the DOCTOR YOU WANT. DR.YATES I can not say enough good things about him. I will be having my other knee replaced and yes it will be Dr.Yates that does it. Thank you God for Dr. Yates

|  Wonderful Caring Physician  |  show details
by Diane M. Collins on Aug 4th, 2009

Dr. Yates is an excellent physician. He recently preformed knee surgery of my right knee, and I felt so good within 3 days that I got off of my crutches in 3 days. My knee has bothered me for years. I would highly and enthusiastically recommend him to anyone.

|  Few and far between . . .  |  show details
by Sharon Copley on Jun 21st, 2008

Dr. Yates mirrors what a great physician/surgeon should be. He cares deeply for his patients, and he listens to everything they say to him. A wonderful personality and bed-side manner. Two strengths that are very important in patient care, in my opinion. After a grueling surgery, pain is not a problem for the patient. Dr. Yates keeps his patients comfortable and in good spirits, especially when they are in for some torture from the physical therapist. Kudos to Dr. Yates and his staff, especially Marlene.