Dr. Adolph Yates MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

October 30th, 2016
You will not find a better doctor!
Dr. Yates replaced my left hip 10 years ago,I was 44 yrs old. Then replaced my right hip 4 years ago at age 50. He is truly the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever met. His work is superb, he genuinely cares about you. He is very thorough and the most pleasant personality. I was in excruciating pain prior to my hip replacements, Dr. Yates has enabled me to live a pain free life!

September 20th, 2016
One Fantastic Doctor. Have referred him to many families and friends. A doctor you can totally trust.

July 15th, 2016
He's genuine and honest his bedside manner is outstanding compared to many Dr.s at UPMC I have encountered.

December 22nd, 2015
great doctor, great surgeon, great follow up
He replaced a hip and was amazing.

October 14th, 2015
Excellent revision total knee replacement
Had a difficult revision total knee replacement and Dr. Yates was able to accomplish the surgery without spacer shims yielding a more stable repair.

June 29th, 2015
wonderful orthopedist
He's great, really

May 18th, 2015
Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replaced my right hip. He is beyond excellent!!!! In every respect!!!

May 9th, 2015
very informative really explained things took an active interest in my pain

October 22nd, 2014
If you need it, get 'er done here!
I write this three weeks post right knee arthroplasty. The surgery was at UPMC Shadyside, which, from my past experiences, far exceeded my expectations and sets the standard for how surgical patient care should be performed! Dr. Yates went an hour beyond the projected procedure time in order to make straight my well-worn, trashed out knee. He visited me in my room the night of the surgery, prior to going home, to check on my condition and to instruct me on a specific isometric exercise to aid in the extension of the new knee joint. Post operative follow-up by Dr. Yates and his staff was more than I could have expected. Physical rehabilitation has been progressing at a reasonable rate with positive, if slight, gains occurring most days. I give Dr. Yates the highest recommendation!

September 1st, 2014
Dr. Yates put me back together when I was at the point of no hope. I was in much pain. It was an unusual hip replacement. It was the 4th time around on this hip for surgery. Needless to say, he didn't have very much to work with as there was not much bone left. I was referred to Dr. Yates be another orthopedist, whom I will be forever grateful. Praise God for Doctors like Dr. Yates. He truly cares.

November 12th, 2013
Highly Recommend
I had been seen by two ortho surgeons prior to meeting Dr. Yates. One doctor told me that I needed immediate hip replacement surgery. The second doctor said that my hip wasn't that bad. I was looking for a tie breaker when I scheduled with Dr. Yates. I was impressed with his thoroughness. He reviewed my history, ordered only the necessary tests and gave me a thorough examination. He concluded that my hip wasn't a candidate for immediate surgery but it was inevitable. He established trust by being honest. He managed my condition for almost two years before I decided it was time to have the surgery. It's been two weeks since I had total hip replacement and I'm pain free & nearly walking without assistance. Dr. Yates is a skilled surgeon who truly cares about his patients. He gives you enough time and attention and will do anything in his means to improving your quality of life.

May 1st, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I highly recommend Dr. Yates for any kind of knee problems. I had my right knee replaced 2 1/2 yrs ago and my left knee replaced 6 months ago. Dr. Yates did a great job with both knees, and I am very happy with the results. He made sure the pain was well controlled. It is wonderful to be able to shop, walk, and be back to a normal life. He is very compassionate, personable and always has a joke to make you laugh. Dr, Yates takes his time to answer questions and explains things thoroughly . He helped me to make up my mind as to when it was time for replacements.