Dr. Adrian Dusa MD Patient Reviews

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Winston Salem, NC

4.9

November 30th, 2015
He tells you how it is
I like him. He tells you upfront what are the chances of your surgery to be effective or not. Mine was, thank God. He also has a wonderful staff. Overall, A+

June 28th, 2015
Atrial Fibrillation
I was referred to Dr. Dusa by my regular cardi8ologist, who is in the same practice. I had previously had one ablation, which cured Atrial Flutter. I needed a second one to correct a more severe atrial fibrillation which began occurring about two years after the first procedure.. Dr. Dusa carefully explained the problemm the procedure, how complicated it is, etc etc. He took the time to be careful with me and did not pull any punches. There are not a lot of Drs. who are trained to do what he does, which in my case was a "total pulmonary Ablation - in which catheters are passed from one atrium to the other, through the membrane that separates the atria. Sounds scary, and it is. Mine was successful, thank God. My fib. when it hit was totally debilitating, and now I am cured. If you have this procedure be warned...you will not be able to do a lot requiring physical exertion for about three months, which is how long it takes the healing and reduction in swelling in the heart to occur. I was able to live with that in order to hgave a much more normal life. He's a great Dr., is upfront about everything, and I highly recommend him.

April 12th, 2012
Had ablation for atrial fibrillation
My sister had a similar procedure with him and we both are now symptom-free. He is a charming individual and an extremely skilled cardiologist.

March 29th, 2012
Dr. Dusa is a wonderful human being
He took his time to explain what was wrong with me and he explained my options. He did not pressure me in any way or form and after I had the cardiac abrasion I had no symptoms whatsoever. He is a really special doctor!

December 13th, 2011
Highly recommend for ablation for abnormal heart beat.