Adrian J Hohenwarter MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

July 24th, 2016
Worst experience-not caring or helpful
I made an appointment with this doctor to treat my thyroid disorder. This was by far the worst doctor I have ever worked with. I had a bad reaction to one of his many recommended supplements (as in, intense allergies that caused respiratory problems among others), and when I called his office to address this, I was told to email him my symptoms. I did, and received an email back later in the day telling me to schedule an appointment as he could not advise me over the phone. That would have been fine if their first available appointment wasn't 3-4 weeks out... I was not able to function in my daily life (awake) due to swollen shut eyes or (asleep) due to asthma. When I emailed a written complaint he was extremely rude and wrote to me "Most of my patients understand how very busy I am. Perhaps you need a concierge doctor." Uh, no. I just needed some one to help me breath. I needed a doctor to work with me to figure out which of his suggested pills was causing my problem. FYI: When I received no help from him, I discontinued all of his suggested supplements and was breathing normally again within 24 hours. This doctors was a waste of my time and money. He hurt me more than he helped me.

May 12th, 2016
Terrible
His bedside manner is awful. I only saw him twice, but felt worse leaving his office than I did going in. I would not recommend him to anyone.

October 7th, 2015
Pompous
One visit and one phone call. May be an intelligent MD but has the personality of a pompous jerk. Dr. Adrian talks over you, can't listen, and has verbal vomit of information. He doesn't treat you like an individual but as a one fits all treatment. He has an over inflated sense of himself and can not hear a word because he's too busy spouting his knowledge without listening to what the patient has already been through and already tried. I couldn't even get a word in during appointment. He may think himself as "the best" but his bedside manner is the worse!!!!!! I called him to inform him of a medical change and all he could do is yell at me. It was a courtesy call not a call to be berated for.

June 13th, 2012
Great doctor / healer
Dr. Adrian was able to figure out what was wrong with me with just one visit. I saw 8 doctors before who did nothing for me. He addressed all of my issues in ONE appointment...none of this "let's just focus on this today". If you want a doctor who know more than just conventional medicine and uses naturopathic treatments, then see him. I recommend him all of the time.

January 20th, 2011
Outstanding Physician
Never would have believed integrative medicine would make such a difference! This doctor is very concerned about he patients health, as well as super knowledgeable in countless areas of medicine. I would recommend him to anyone who has given up on the medical field overall. He brings true concern and knowledge back into the field!