Dr. Adrian Jackson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Adrian Jackson?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Adrian Jackson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 2nd, 2016

Compassionate Doctor

Dr. Jackson is the most compassionate doctor I have ever meet. He is truly concerned with your condition, however really listened to me after the surgery. Doctor's can only do so much during the surgery and it is difficult to follow through, however he recommended after surgery to walk, walk, and walk. It then transitioned to swimming to help build up my bodies core. These are tasks that I highly encourage as I was not a typical case and the expected outcome "not good", however I am great!!!

August 31st, 2016

Cervical Spine Surgery---Excellent Outcome

I highly recommend Dr. Jackson and Premier Spine. Dr. Jackson performed my cervical spine surgery. I was in debilitating pain before the surgery. Immediately after surgery, the pain was mostly gone--- even before I was discharged from the hospital. I was just slightly sore for a few days. Within a week, I was functioning almost normally again and just avoided lifting anything heavy or doing anything too strenuous for a few weeks. His staff was helpful, knowledgeable, courteous, and patient. My experience and surgical outcome were extremely positive.

July 11th, 2016

I'm finally PAIN FREE!

I was suffering in pain for months. Pain worse than child birth! I was very frightened at the though of having spinal surgery but knew I had to do something. Dr. Jackson and his team eased my fears as they walked me through the process with kindness and compassion. I'm so grateful that now, 3 months post surgery, I have my life back. I have a new lease on life thanks to the incredible work of Dr. Jackson and his talented team. If you are in pain but scared- just go talk to them. You don't have to compromise your quality of life.

June 29th, 2016

Amazing! Saved me from paraplegia.

(I will try to put this review on vitals and healthgrades) I rarely write reviews, but looking back at the gravity of the situation I was in (my MRIs are on file), when I came for a consult in 2014 and subsequent surgery, I am convinced Dr. Jackson has a gift with the spine and people that you cannot learn in any textbook or rotation. I don't know if he keeps a magic wand in the OR, but his speed and accuracy in surgery are remarkable. He and his staff are good people who do the right thing to heal patients, even when it's not easy and there is no paycheck for doing so (their actual payment vs what written off per UHC contact was just shockingly low. I saw my bill.) To the skeptics and fence sitters who think surgery is going to make your situation worse, here is what happened with me: c. 2013 60-70% of my L5-S1 disk pushed into my spinal cord (I never had anything like this happen before. No one teaches you bowel and bladder problems or UTIs mean you have a back problem). I stopped at First Med in Lawrence. Darci stayed almost 2 hours over to examine me and determined it was a very slipped disk. I asked her how she knew and she said Dr. Adrian Jackson just gave them a presentation on what to look for w/ common back injuries. By May I saw a Dr. at KU for a steroid injection ( just because they went to an Ivy League doesn't mean they know what they're doing). The injection went too far into my spinal canal. I sat in the rehab room for 2 hours describing what I now know was a Cerebral Spinal Fluid Leak, being handed Kleenex for the clear fluid running out of my right nostril, then having it leak out of the injection site all over my pants. That doctor said " that's impossible! I've never heard of this before" (when Wikepedia knows more than your doctor, there's a problem). I could lean forward and see it drain out of my nose. The drip continued until I had surgery. In September I was now off work. One day I noticed it was very hard to breathe/pushing a grocery cart was too much. When I got home, i felt razors in my spine and then lost the ability to use my legs. My boyfriend found me on the floor. It was 3 AM at the Shawnee Mission Medical where Michael Law (fantastic CNA!) saw me. He said, looking at the MRI on my phone, "You need surgery immediately." I said "Yeah, but it's 3 AM, who's gonna know of a good back surgeon?!" He replied "Actually, I know of a good one...A really, really good one. My wife had a very serious injury to her neck and just had surgery. It is so much better than we could have expected. His name is Dr. Adrian Jackson." I saw Dr. Jackson about 2 weeks after i called. My symptoms were progressing fast and pretty bad. I was used to sleeping w/ shooting pains and on ice packs. I wanted another steroid injection, but Dr. Jackson explained he could not in good faith do that. The injury was protruding so bad , that there was too much pressure in on spine and not enough space to put the injection fluid--trying this could cause serious problems. He is very conservative and for me, surgery was my only option. i had a pity party for about 2 hours about being a possible 'back surgery horror, story/permanent paraplegic," then got over myself and called them back to schedule it. Here's what's phenomenal/i did not know at the time: Dr. Jackson was so worried about my progressing symptoms (and looking back, he was right), that he had to schedule me for surgery on the morning of his parent-teacher conferences! Then, he came back after dinner to ensure my family was okay and that i could walk on my own, go to the bathroom on my own. THAT is impressive; most surgeons you see for 10 minutes and you wonder if they know your name. Dr. Jackson gets it. The cutting was only 10 minutes-- to fix a problem that was hurting me for such a long time. My dad has been an intensive care doctor for decades and handles botched back surgeries/patients from multiple countries. He was amazed. He said Dr. Jackson is one of the best he's ever seen. (I guess most back surgery takes a lot longer than Dr. Jackson, which increases infection risk too). I don't know how he does it but the cut was originally 5-6 inches and has healed to a thin c. 1 or 2 in. You have to look for it. He let me start Physical Therapy early, which is what i needed. Through this process I've discovered Dr. Jackson is the Kevin Bacon of Back Surgeries. Aside from those at First Med and Shawnee Mission, one day a maitenance man at my apartment asked about my surgery and said "I fell off a roof. The guy who did my surgery was great b/c I can still work normally. Have you heard of Adrian Jackson?" My PT lady saw my back photo and asked who fixed it, I told her Dr. Jackson and she told me about the numerous patients she rehabs that are all happy with his care. Then a 911 operator with red hair was near us doing head twists; she asked, "Are you talking about McDreamy?" "Who?" "Jackson!" "Oh, yes. He did Athena's lumbar surgery" "Well he fixed my neck too! He's very good!" If you want someone who knows what they're doing, likes what they're doing, and is really good at what they're doing, then Dr. Jackson is as good as it gets.

June 9th, 2016

Paiient

After visiting multiple Doctors Dr. Jackson and his staff were excellent. They treated me like I was important. Every concern of mine wasn't overlooked .

May 13th, 2016

All about the insurance company

He is all about the work comp insurance company had a mri done in nov 2015 he said nothing is wrong went to another dr and he showed me the herniated disc i wouldn't recommend him if its work comp

February 15th, 2016

A great experience!

I suffered from off and on neck and shoulder pain for years. Usually it went away after a week or so with chiropractic visits. But last May, it hit me hard and would not quit. The only way I can describe it is like having a pair of vice grips clamped down on the nerve in my right shoulder. It felt like an ice pick was stuck in my neck and the pain went through the shoulder and down my arm. The injections and therapy did nothing, and I was referred to Dr. Jackson. He viewed the MRI and showed me the problem; yes I had a herniated disc but also bone spurs that were pressing on the nerve. Dr. Jackson performed ACDF surgery and the pain was gone when I awakened! My only regret is not having Dr. Jackson do my surgery sooner. He is very thorough and communicates well, as does his assistant Derek and all of his staff. Prairie Star is outstanding also. Stayed overnight in a private room, very quiet with a fine nursing staff, and went home the next morning. You will not find a better surgeon than Dr. Jackson! Caring, human, a pleasure to talk with! I can't say enough good things about him!

February 4th, 2016

Many Thanks

Can't say enough nice things about Dr. Adrian P. Jackson. I would recommend him to anyone looking at having back surgery. God bless you Dr. Jackson.

December 10th, 2015

This doctor was very professional in all attributes. Spent a lot of time explaining the process and the procedures. He also explained what to expect and what the output of the procedure would be. Really liked his approach to the whole procedure.

October 20th, 2015

cervical discectomy and fusion

I had been suffering continual pain for about a year following several years of intermittent pain and treatments including chiropractic active release therapy, massage, epidural injections, and acupuncture to no avail. An MRI showed a cervical disc between C5-6 bulging into the spinal chord as well as bone spurs and arthritis. Dr. Jackson offered options including surgery and did not steer me toward surgery. I had a 45-minute surgical procedure removing the disc and fusing the vertebrae through an anterior incision. I had no need of pain medication following surgery or at home. Now 12 weeks post surgery I still have no nerve or muscle pain and am able to engage in all my normal activities. Dr. Jackson and his staff are extraordinarily professional, friendly, efficient, and informative. Being pain free is a gift.

May 30th, 2015

Great, Great, Great Doctor. Would recommend to everyone with back pain.

Dr. Jackson is an amazing doctor. I have had back pain for 8 years. I finally got to meet Dr. Jackson, and he listened, reviewed, and told me all of my options. I have never met a more down to earth Dr who explained things the way he did. He made everything understandable, and gave me my options. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Jackson to everyone I know, and to people I don't know. Great doctor all around, and knows what he is talking about.

November 20th, 2014

I experienced a work injury to my neck that took me from tingling in my arm to an ongoing pain that I was unable to endure. I wanted to fix it but I was afraid to have surgery due to rumors and stories I heard. Dr. Jackson assured me everything would be fine with surgery and that my pain and discomfort would likely cease. I felt immediate relief following surgery. Three months later, I feel great and have been totally released. I feel like I have my life back. The staff were all very professional and supportive. I would personally recommend Premier Spine Care to anyone!!