Dr. Adrianus De Ruitjer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 31st, 2016
Review of our visit to see Dr. DeRuijter
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. De Ruijter for over 20 something years! We both do not know what we would do without him being there for us. Dr. De Ruijter is very professional, caring and understanding. It is always nice leaving his office feeling better about my situation and knowing that he is always there for me, for us. Dawn is always so nice, courteous and makes you feel welcomed with her sweet disposition and smile. We hope that Dr. De Ruijter can always be our doctor and would recommend him to our family, friends, and anyone looking for a terrific doctor.

November 10th, 2015
An AMAZING Psychiatrist Unlike Any Othet
I had to experiment with several psychiatrists before I was so incredibly blessed to find Dr Deruijter. His unbelievably, immense knowledge pertaining to both to the mind itself as well as the dizzying plethora of psychiatric medications that are currently on the market is amazing and unsurpassable. You can tell that his profession is his passion, which greatly affects the level of care he provides to his patients. His demeanor is calming, gentle and sincerely caring and it's very obvious that he listens intently to every word you say. I realize that this is a lengthy review, but I the amount of gratitude that I possess for this Doctor is overwhelming. I truky believe that he saved my life, and thank God for him continuously.

April 27th, 2015
The best
Compassionate and caring. He really listens and does what he can to make a difference. We need more like this doctor.

May 27th, 2011
Dr Dejuiter is fantastic
I have been going to him for years for a quite a few issues. He is caring, compassionate. He know's his patients no wasting of time restarting my history every visit.

March 28th, 2011
good to know
as a long term patient I am glad to have Dr. D. as a resource I can count on if ever I have a bad time. he is kind and patient when listening to me at his office and I also like his staff very much, I agree with the other five star ratings for sure.

December 4th, 2009
Unpleasant and Unhelpful Staff
I am new to town and seeking a psychiatrist, and have not been able to find anyone. I called this office and received one word answers from the front desk staff, who were extremely unhelpful-especially given the fact that they are supposed to be dealing with patients with mental health issues. "NO" was the only response I received. Not pleased at all with the level of service from his staff...although I have never met the doctor himself since I can't get past them.

September 17th, 2009
The best Psychiatrist this life has to offer.....
Those of you in "The know" or who have tried to seek help from a Psychiatrist of trusting care, privacy, understanding your problems right off the bat,and coming up with quick feasible/diagnostic answers to those problems(with no mumbo-jumbo psycho babble talking), a fantastic bedside manner, thoughtful, insightful, a wealth of knowledge, intelligent, quite well mannered, a no "show boating" attitude, will loan you the books right off his shelf so you can help yourself on your own time, make you CD's of self help material, will return your calls no matter of the day or time, in a prompt as can be way, regardless of a huge patient load and hospital consultations, who brings his cool dog to work and cares for her with so much love and affection and lets you play with her for your own comfort, never raises his voice, treats you like a human being with dignity and respect,a great fun sense of humour, instills a quiteness and calmness to you when your feeling like your hanging off the edge of a cliff only holding on with your fingertips (and pulls you back up on to that very craggy cliff safely/carefully with that warm glint in his eyes and with tenderness and sure footedness and great care), never talks "down" to you or thinks he is a god of sorts, creates a warm cozy "safe" environment for you to speak to him in, has a nifty, direct, no-nonsense office manager who deftly handles all your appointment requests/questions promptly.THIS IS YOUR MAN!!!! You just have to know the secret password to get in.(private joke)