Dr. Adrienne Lara MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 29 reviews

July 24th, 2016
Disfigured HD Lipo patient
When I first met with the Doctor I thought she was wonderful, great bedside manner, and very courteous staff. I felt very confident having my HD Liposuction procedure done by her. I could not have been more wrong! After the procedure, I could not believe the pain I was in. Shortly after, I had numbness and hardening 8 inches across my abdomen under my naval, the Doctor told me I was forming scar tissue. I looked up on line and discovered scar tissue forming could be caused by an over aggressive procedure (which could explain my excessive pain) All the information she has, informs you should be able to go back to work after 3-4 days and back to normal activities within 2 weeks. After 3 weeks, I still had excessive pain and wanted to know what they considered "normal" activities! After 4 weeks into recovery the Doctor admitted to giving me a umbilical hernia and immediately gave me the name of a surgeon to fix it. Thinking it was not a big deal I got dressed and left the office, thinking it was very unusual that everyone in the office had disappeared. Only after looking into having the surgery did I realize it was more serious then the Doctor lead me to believe. To make a long story short it has cost an additional $8,000.00 to have the hernia surgery and the Liposuction redone. Even after having fat replaced in the uneven areas , I'm a lumpy, bumpy uneven mess. I don't recognize my own body! It has now been 16 months since the procedure, I still have scare tissue build up, pain and numbness. After spending over $10,000.00 it looks a thousand times worse than the original fat I wanted removed. I'm sure Dr. Lara would admit this was not her finest work, she did not except any responsibility for the permanent damage she caused or the cost of repairing her mistakes!! Be careful of all the paperwork you sign! I would suggest anyone considering having HD Liposuction done by Dr. Lara, think long and hard if you are willing to gamble on the extra expense, permanent disfigurement and chronic pain for the rest of your life!!

June 30th, 2016
I love Dr. Lara she is great, she's been my doctor for the past 8 years.

March 21st, 2016
No longer my doctor.
Dr. Lara lost me when she went into the "beauty" business. What's with those fat collection bottles sitting on the shelf in the waiting room? That was a real turn off. I liked her lots better years ago when she was an ob/gyn. The last time I went there she spent 9 minutes with me, tops!

August 10th, 2015
Dr. Lara was friendly from day one . She makes her patients her number priority . The staff is very welcoming and doesn't make you feel like other doctors offices they make you feel like your family . Also,the wait time is no more than five minutes and place is very tidy . The staff is pretty quickly on getting you back in room. We love you all !

June 24th, 2015
Best Advocate
Dr. Lara helped me with a hormone issue and her staff fought my insurance for 2 weeks to make sure I could get the prescription I needed.

June 22nd, 2015
I have seen her three times. Never again. She is rude, curt, and full of herself. She is condescending to her patients as well as her staff. Each time I have been to her office I have witnessed her reprimand different staff members in an unprofessional and cruel way. I don't think she is a nice person.

March 13th, 2015
Liposuction and Dr. Lara
Due to the nature of my work I needed to be discrete when getting my procedure. I think Dr. Lara did great work and was always attentive to my needs.

March 13th, 2015
"worst experience of a dr visit"
I had really high hopes for this doctor- to make an appointment was a challenge. I could not ever seem to get an appointment at my convenience. I finally decided to take the next available one. I waited in the reception area which was odd, there were these machines on the pony wall which I had no idea what they were, and the office staff was talking amounst themselves about what they were planning on drinking after work. I was finally escorted back to the room which took 25 minutes to get into even though my appointment was set. When I got into the room the staff that showed me back to it, and was less than interested I was even there. The room itself was right next to the "office activity" and I could hear all the schenanigans from the office staff. Frankley I did not care to hear about the party of Saturday night or the alcohol. No one bothered to inform me that the glass door in the room was one way and no body can see in, you sure can see out. It is uncomfortable enough being undressed but not to be told about that was a huge issue for me. The exam table that is in the office has got to be the most uncomfortable I have ever been in. While I waited and waited and waited undressed for the doctor to finally make her way into the room - I had to listen to her talk to a member of her staff and complain about one of her patients saying that she does not understand why she keeps calling I already explained all of that to her, and cussing at the same time. I was after that ready to leave I had heard enough. 40 minutes I waited for this doctor to finally make her way to see me. She came into the office and pretended like we were old friends. I dont need another friend I need a doctor. She did a quick exam after asking my permission...weird - she then said she wanted to have an ultra sound done and a mamogram. She said that she was going to have someone come in and recheck my blood pressure to just lay back and relax. Another 30 minutes went by obviously forgotten about me until I heard whispers and then blood was drawn and blood pressure rechecked. That was the last time I saw the "Dr" she never bothered to check in with me again and no one told me that the exam was over go ahead and get dressed etc...I promise you that I will not go back to this doctor again, if she can talk about a patient in listening range for everyone else to hear, what then must she say about me or you! Oh and by the way the big guy who had greasy hair and food down the front of him wearing a sport coat on one of the hottest days of the year, is not a very professional man to be working in the front of your office. PS your patients really dont care what kind of wine you enjoy drinking they just want to get in and out of your office ---

February 10th, 2015
Professionalism with caring
What was most unique was her professionalism and her patient kindness. She is so great!

September 29th, 2014
She's a great gynecologist.. only one little problem i went to my annual checkup ended up convincing me to get mirena..went to te appointment and got it inserted, months later it came out..don't know if it was her th as t didn't insert it good or what happened, i don't like to argue with people so I'll just go to another dr.

April 12th, 2014
Worth the Wait
I would go back to Dr. Lara even if it takes a year! Seriously she was booked out 2 months when I called for my annual pap smear. Even with the wait it's the best experience I had inside the exam room She is very warm and teaches while doing "your" thing.

March 30th, 2013
Doc for life
Dr. Lara is amazing. Her bed side manner is exceptional, her compassion and sincerity are unmatched. Dr. Lara has renewed my belief that there are still physicians in this country that treat patients like the individual person that you are, not just another face. Medical appointments have become like taking a number at the butcher counter. This is not the experience you will have with Dr. Lara, she's so easy to talk to and you feel the genuine concern she has for her patients when speaks with you. I highly recommend her and her office.