Dr. Ae Cha MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
Absolutely rude office manager making insensitive comments, charged $1400 directly instead of sending claims to insurance, insisted that i paid max. yearly deductible paid to office prior to giving birth. DO NOT USE HER OFFICE
My wife was referred to her because she is Korean. First of all, the doctor does not speak much Korean. She may understand some so the reason why we went to this doctor really did not pay off to begin with. Then, there is this office manager, Grace. She is absolutely rude and does not want to do anything. During the first trimaster, I asked a lot of questions to Grace and the doctor. I did not know that she was the office manager because she wears nurse scrubs and does the patient vitals. INSTEAD OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS, SHE SAID "ARE YOU FROM HERE..?" as I asked a lot of elementary questions and did not understand a lot of medical terms. I AM NOT EVEN SURE IF SHE IS A RN/LPN/TECH because her card did not state any professional designation. SHE DOES NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR PATIENTS. I asked her if Northside hospital takes the insurance we had and how much the out of pocket cost would be. SHE TOLD ME TO CALL THEM DIRECTLY TO VERIFY. Then, billing problems. I changed my jobs during my wife's pregnancy so i had different insurances. SHE INSISTED THAT I SHOULD PAY MAX. YEARLY DEDUCTIBLE ($1500) TO THEIR OFFICE PRIOR TO GIVING BIRTH. I told her that I already satified the deductible requirement for the current insurance for the year and i don't know how much deductible would be for new insurance. HOW DID SHE COME UP WITH $1500? I ASKED HER AND SHE HAD NO IDEA. SHE CONSTANTLY TALKS DOWN TO/ABOUT PEOPLE. After giving birth, we were told by the hospital nurses that we could get the breast pump for free under insurance, and the OB should have told us that so we could have gotten it prior to giving birth. I called the OB office and talked to her again. SHE TOLD ME TO GET THE RX FOR BREAST PUMP AT THE HOSPITAL. It is not the hospital's job, it is OB's. ANOTHER BILLNG ISSUE. THE OFFICE SENT US A BILL FOR $1400 WITHOUT SENDING A CLAIM TO INSURANCE. When I called the OB office, Grace told me to contact billing office. WHEN I CALLED THE BILLING OFFICE, I WAS TOLD EITHER I PAID OR THEY WOULD SEND IT TO COLLECTIONS. Then, they sent it to insurance finally, but did not even tell me. Over the course of all of these, I tried to contact the OB doctor, Cha. I left messages with the receptionist but never got a call back. THE DOCTOR IS NOT TRYING TO FIX THE ISSUES, AVOID CONTACT WITH ME. DO NOT GO THERE.

January 23rd, 2013
Poor is the exact word for this dr. She literally kicked me out of OBGYN Physician Group left me crying in front of the whole staff. Sent me home while bleeding and cramping without any examination to make sure the baby is ok. too much and too emotional to write. if your pregnant stay away from this witch.

February 10th, 2011
Office would not give colored copies out of colored pitures of previous patientto patient or doctor. Dr. Cha and stuff knew black and white copies would be of no use. Staff said had know way of making colored copies in their office. Knowing that someone has a medical condition and they are seeing several doctors and this info would be of use and this office did not return my calls after I called once to see about getting info and they said come and get pictures. Then once there copies are in black and white of know use and then to find out they can't give out info because they havn't asked the Doctor. Then I called back 3 more times over two days after this to try and find anything out. Even though they took my name and number. No I would no go to this doctor.

September 1st, 2009
Dr. Cha is professional and kind. My annuals are quick. She makes time to answer my questions. I have had some problems getting answers from the office staff. Usually I am told I need to speak to a nurse, one isn't available, and then they don't get back to me.

October 20th, 2016