Dr. Afsaneh Khalili MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

February 6th, 2015
"Sorry, we can't help you."
I first saw Dr. Khalili a couple of years ago when my other physician changed her practice. My initial impression was that she was aloof, relatively knowledgeable, but mostly interested in billings. When I asked to have some lab work done she agreed but insisted that I would have to make another office visit to discuss the results. My daughter had the same experience. As a result, I've tried to have most of my issues attended to by my OB-GYN, who takes a holistic approach and can treat other things. Today I called Khalili's office to beg to be seen -- I have a bronchial infection that clearly needs antibiotics before the weekend. Khalili couldn't fit me in (she only works until noon on Fridays) and refused to call in a prescription without seeing me. Instead she recommended that I go to the ER (a VERY expensive visit for a non-life-threatening condition). When I said I didn't want to go to the ER just to get antibiotics, her nurse said, "Well, sorry, we can't help you." I've been to other doctors where I've felt that my health and well-being were their main concern. Dr. Khalili isn't one of them.

May 30th, 2013
Pass on Dr Khalili in St Helena
I went to Dr. Khalili when my doctor of 11 years changed her practice to concierge care & I couldn't afford that. I had a 'get acquainted' visit & reserved my opinion of her until I really saw her in action. On my 2nd visit she was rude, disrespectful, and condescending. When I tried to ask her a question she said 'i'm not here to argue with you' & wouldn't answer me. I'm allergic to statins but she wants me on them. When I told her I'm having side effects from the blood pressure mess I'm on she told me to cut it in half and add another drug that makes me really dizzy. I told her I can't take that drug and she said 'I'm putting you on it. She wrote the prescription & faxed it to my pharmacy. I never picked it up. By this time I knew that we aren't going to work as a team & I was just waiting for her to be done so I could get out of there. She turned to me & said 'Are you GETTING what I'm telling you?' I'm done! I will never go back to her.

January 1st, 2013
Exceptional doctor.
She is the best doctor I have ever had, and I have seen a lot of doctors. What I think is most important is how careful she is with treatment decisio ...

September 13th, 2012
Janice Brown
Dr. Khalili is excellent in all points above. When difficult problem arises, she never gives up. She is thorough without excess. She gives you the time you need to discuss your problems and gives good,professional, appropriate guidance. She never hesitates ordering tests she thinks is necessary for a diagnosis. Dr. Khalili's kind, understanding manner and her mastery of the medical knowledge needed to help me has given me the confidence to put my wellbeing in her hand without hesitation.I would recommend her to anyone seeking a new physician.

January 13th, 2012
We miss you doctor Khalili

March 13th, 2011
Great physician with superior knowledge, a good listener and caring physician who really cares about the patient.

February 5th, 2011
patient

April 21st, 2010
very professional caring intelligent and efficient with excellent bedside manners

March 26th, 2010
Dr. Khalili is very complete in her evaluations and very careful with medication prescribing and management. She knows when to refer to another specialist. Some physicians in my experience don't refer when they need to, but she does. I've seen a lot of doctors in my life as well as working as an RN for 33 years. She is an excellent physician who I would recommend to anyone. She has a caring, concern about the whole person with a sweet personality.

February 22nd, 2017