Afshan Hameeduddin, MD
Family Physicians, Internist

3150 W Higgins
Suite 130
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Amazing Doctor!!  |  show details
by Theresa D. on Sep 9th, 2014

We have been with this dr for 16 years, even though we now live an hour away we would never think of seeing anybody else. I am 78 yo and have dealt with many doctors throughout my life, I have NEVER met a more caring and professional doctor! If I were to wake up ill, I call the office and I am seen immediately. She is the only physician I have ever had that actually calls me (or has her staff call me) to follow up when I'm ill to make sure I'm healing and tolerating any medications. When I talk to my friends and family and hear about all the problems they have with their doctors offices, I know I'm truly blessed we found her!

|  Big HIPPA violation  |  show details
by Joe H on Sep 4th, 2014

Not sure what to start with but most important is how you can hear what goes on next room down. And how there's papers everywhere you look with patients names and all. Calls are never returned it Rx called in waited on my inhaler 2days. The PA is unprofessional and claims to be a DR. She also yells and the staff no wonder they are short on staff. New faces all the time. They try to have me do a sleep study and physical therapy ect. Just want to make money and it seems that everyone they recomended you to is related to the PA so she informed me her sister is a eye dr. DR is never at the office. The only medical assistant that they have is rude and lazy asked her to call prescription assured me and never got done called her back and she told me it would be ready Dr forgot. Lost my physical papers and she blamed the receptionist. Changing Drs. you wait hours to be seen because DR walks family around to see the office while you wait in the room listening to next door patient business.

|  If you have all the free time in the world or dont need maintenance meds  |  show details
by Stuck on Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Hammeddudin is great at diagnosing and spending time with patients. That's the only good thing. You WILL wait, every "appointment" somewhere between one to FOUR hours to be seen. You have to make appointments for prescription refills. You WILL wait hours for those refills, I waited three. And I know how to write a prescription better! If you need maitnenance medications, be prepared to go without—for weeks! Sometimes you get lucky and it's only 4 days for a refill. So I started having my pharmacy fax a week before meds run out. And we STILL have been out of medication for FOUR days. Calls aren't returned by the office. You pay your copay at the time of service and they STILL bill you. You ask to speaking to the biller, who gets on the phone and says she is the biller, but not THE biller and will have THE biller call you back. It has been 15 months and they are still billing me for FOUR copays already paid! People who answer the phones don't understand basic English, and trying to explain an emergency—good luck. And for Insurance reasons, we are stuck. Again, Dr. Hameddudin is great. It's everything else about this office that is inefficient that will have you screaming.