Dr. Afshan Hameeduddin, MD
Family Practitioner, Internist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Great family practice show details Great family practice
by John Vinci on Oct 12th, 2014

Should you be looking for a new doctor then you should make an appointment with Dr. Hameeduddin. She's a good doctor and her staff is always friendly and courteous. After my doctor in Chicago retired I was pleased to find such a nice family practice near my home. The office is clean and neat & doctor never keeps her patients waiting too long.

Could not be HAPPIER!!!! show details Could not be HAPPIER!!!!
by Susan & Yue Cho on Sep 25th, 2014

First of all, we have been with this doctor for probably 5 years and are very HAPPY. We have only seen Dr. Hameeduddin and Dr. Hyderi the PA and they are truly wonderful doctors. They are understanding, caring, and very thorough. I never have a problem getting an appointment. I usually make my appointments in the mornings and the wait is never long. One time I had a late afternoon appointment and I did wait a long time, but that was not there fault, they squeezed me in because I was really sick. Doctors offices are busy places and when you make last minute or late day appointments you should ALWAYS expect to wait. I have never had a problem with the length of time the doctor spends with me. Sometimes it's a long time and sometimes short. It depends on what I am there for and I trust the doctors enough to judge what has to be done. I think people who were not happy with these doctors should take into consideration how many patients they have, people calling them on the phone, and the patients they see in the hospital. These people are VERY BUSY people. The only thing that needs some improvement is when you need a refill on medicine. The pharmacy tells me they always fax the requests a number of times before the refill is okayed. I call the office to remind the myself. Other than that, my husband and I are very happy that we found Dr. Hameeduddin and Dr. Hyderi and are relieved to know that when we are there all our medical needs are being met. Thanks so much to both of you and your staff.

Amazing Doctor!! show details Amazing Doctor!!
by Theresa D. on Sep 9th, 2014

We have been with this dr for 16 years, even though we now live an hour away we would never think of seeing anybody else. I am 78 yo and have dealt with many doctors throughout my life, I have NEVER met a more caring and professional doctor! If I were to wake up ill, I call the office and I am seen immediately. She is the only physician I have ever had that actually calls me (or has her staff call me) to follow up when I'm ill to make sure I'm healing and tolerating any medications. When I talk to my friends and family and hear about all the problems they have with their doctors offices, I know I'm truly blessed we found her!

Big HIPPA violation show details Big HIPPA violation
by Joe H on Sep 4th, 2014

Not sure what to start with but most important is how you can hear what goes on next room down. And how there's papers everywhere you look with patients names and all. Calls are never returned it Rx called in waited on my inhaler 2days. The PA is unprofessional and claims to be a DR. She also yells and the staff no wonder they are short on staff. New faces all the time. They try to have me do a sleep study and physical therapy ect. Just want to make money and it seems that everyone they recomended you to is related to the PA so she informed me her sister is a eye dr. DR is never at the office. The only medical assistant that they have is rude and lazy asked her to call prescription assured me and never got done called her back and she told me it would be ready Dr forgot. Lost my physical papers and she blamed the receptionist. Changing Drs. you wait hours to be seen because DR walks family around to see the office while you wait in the room listening to next door patient business.

If you have all the free time in the world or dont need maintenance meds show details If you have all the free time in the world or dont need maintenance meds
by Stuck on Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Hammeddudin is great at diagnosing and spending time with patients. That's the only good thing. You WILL wait, every "appointment" somewhere between one to FOUR hours to be seen. You have to make appointments for prescription refills. You WILL wait hours for those refills, I waited three. And I know how to write a prescription better! If you need maitnenance medications, be prepared to go without—for weeks! Sometimes you get lucky and it's only 4 days for a refill. So I started having my pharmacy fax a week before meds run out. And we STILL have been out of medication for FOUR days. Calls aren't returned by the office. You pay your copay at the time of service and they STILL bill you. You ask to speaking to the biller, who gets on the phone and says she is the biller, but not THE biller and will have THE biller call you back. It has been 15 months and they are still billing me for FOUR copays already paid! People who answer the phones don't understand basic English, and trying to explain an emergency—good luck. And for Insurance reasons, we are stuck. Again, Dr. Hameddudin is great. It's everything else about this office that is inefficient that will have you screaming.