Dr. Afshin Bahador MD Patient Reviews

• Surgical Oncology San Diego, CA

February 27th, 2017
Amazing, amazing, amazing!
Highly recommend, wonderful bedside manner, excellent surgeon, extremely professional, nothing but the best.

July 13th, 2016
May be a good surgeon BUT ...
After surgery, never heard from him or his staff. Assisting surgeon saw me the next day and I knew nothing about him. He ordered an MRI before surgery, got results same day, never spoke to me about them. Feeling I got was all I meant to him was $$$$$ and nothing else. I'm not even sure he knew my medical history because the entire time I was in the hospital, I received none of the meds I was taking for past year, plus he had me on a regular diet when I should have been on diabetic. Pre-op nurses had told me not to bring my prescription drugs as they would be given to me there. Did not happen.

December 9th, 2015
Ouststanding Physician
I truly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Bahador. He is incredibly knowledgeable and skilled, and has a kind bedside manner that many Doctors lack today. I had a Robotic assisted hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, and my recovery has been in short, amazing.My surgery only took 90 minutes, and I was home by that afternoon. Two weeks later I went on a five day camping trip. My prognosis is wonderful, and I truly feel that Dr. Bahador saved my life. I will forever be deeply grateful to Dr. Bahador for his wonderful care, and I would recommend him to anyone at any time.

September 15th, 2015
Best Doctor that you can ask for!!!

July 22nd, 2015
Dr. Bahador is amazing doctor and person!
Words can't say enough how thankful and happy I am that I found Dr. Bahador. He is very professional and very knowledgeable doctor. He answered all my questions; we discussed all options about my surgery. He is very attentive to patient's issues and very caring as a person. I felt very good to be under Dr. Bahador’s care. His stuff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Bahador without a doubt. Thank you very much, Dr. Bahador!

March 26th, 2015
Dr. Bahador is a wonderful doctor. He was recommended to me by my OB/GYN after I had an abnormal ultrasound and biopsy. Before surgery he was so kind to me, my adult son, and my sister. He took the time to see my son in the waiting area and told my son, "I'm going to take good care for your mom." That meant so much to me and my son. Thanks to Dr. Bahador, I made it through a very difficult time.

March 27th, 2014
What can you say about someone who has given you your health back? Not nearly enough. Dr. Bahador is a gentleman, is capable beyond words, instills that all-important confidence, and gives great hugs. He treats the disease, and he treats the soul. At a scary time in my life, I knew from the start, I was in good hands. He explains to you, what you need to know. For all my pre-op tests, at the hospital, all techs and nurses said 'you've got the best'. By chance, my friend Kathy had the same situation I did, w Dr. Bahador also as her surgeon, and she said, 'He's my angel.' His office staff is extremely professional, and caring. As a new patient, their goal seemed to be first and foremost, to let me know that I would be getting the best care possible. They work well as a team, and guide you through the necessary steps, to get you to, and through, surgery, if that is what is needed. With the robotic surgery, I was home within 24 hours, had my post-op in 6 days (yesterday), and am still just a tad bit sore, but I feel great. I know I am lucky, to have found my way to these wonderful people. Kathy, we now share an angel. To Dr. Bahador, and to everyone in his office, quite simply, Thank You, from a very grateful girl.

December 28th, 2013
Worst doctor Ive ever seen. Arrogant at a time when it is completely inappropriate.

November 14th, 2013
Great bedside manner
Cancer can be a very scary diagnosis. Immediately meeting Dr.Bahador I felt at ease. He was very good to take the time to educate me , answer my questions, and make me feel at ease. He had me in surgery in less than a week and had great communication with my loved ones after the surgery. He has absolutely the best bedside manner and is extremely knowledgable. 2 weeks post op and I am feeling wonderful.

August 17th, 2012
Technically superb and a great person
I highly recommend Dr. Bahador especially if you need surgical procedure. He took care of my complicated case, and I am already up and around running errands, working and enjoying my life now with no complications. (1 week post op) Technically superb and very personable and professional.

July 25th, 2012
Dr. Bahador is absolutely the BEST!!!!
I cannot say enough good things about him as a physician. To call him wonderful is an understatement. Dr. Bahador is kind, compassionate and dedicated to his field of practice; he is truly gifted in what he does. He takes the time to explain everything and never makes you feel like you are taking up too much of his time. He cares about his patients and their families. He has a great bedside manner and a wonderful sense of humor, but when he needs to get down to business, he does that too, but always in the most kind, thorough and candid way. We do not mind the wait time when we arrive for apppointments because when you are meeting with him, he treats you as if you are his only patient. I feel blessed that my mom is in his care.

October 24th, 2011
Dr Bahador is a terrific doctor. He cares about his patients. He is very gentle. I would recommend this doctor to my family and best friends because I know they would have a doctor that is excellent surgeon.