Dr. Agata Bednarz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 1st, 2016
Dr. Bednarz makes her patients feel comfortable and is genuinely interested in their whole well being. She is a listening doctor who never just brushes off your questions. I highly recommend Dr. Bednarz!

October 30th, 2015
Best, most understanding doc I have ever had
I recently found out that dr B was leaving Duluth to do mission work. I am really gonna miss her! She is the best, most understanding doc I have had in my life. She has great personality and happy/positive energy. She is no- nonsense for sure and very funny! When she walks into the room you just feel like you have known her your whole lifetime and everything is going to be just fine. It's hard to describe. She is passionate about healthy lifestyle and nutrition and has this way of challenging me on my poor care of myself at times that's positive and realistic but it really makes me think twice about putting my body through bad stuff. She has this saying "if it has no nutritional value -don't eat it. You don't put anything but gas in your car, right?" It's so much easier to remember that than all these diet manuals. With her deep caring and effort I was able to stop this self- destructive cycle and get better. I don't want her to leave!!!!

October 20th, 2015
Very caring Dr. Both my parents went to her and I won't go to anyone else!

July 8th, 2015
Would never see her again
I had a symptom in my throat that she thought was caused by acid reflux. She insisted on prescribing ppi medication in spite of two acid reflux tests that came back negative. When I questioned her about the logic of prescribing drugs contrary to the tests, she maintained that I haven't proven that I didn't have reflux. "What?? Don't you need to prove I have it?" In response to this comment, she kicked me out of the examination room and said something to the effect that she wasn't going to waste time with me. It turns out I had a non-threatening condition that was identified by an ENT specialist on visual inspection. Since the definitive diagnosis is made by a CT scan, I asked the ENT doctor to take a look at the CT scan that Bednarz had taken of me. Sure enough the diagnosis was as plain as could be. In summary, she totally missed the diagnosis and treated me badly when I challenged her on it.

May 20th, 2015
Smart and compassionate with a great bedside manner. It is a pleasure working with her. Chronic illness (I have Crohn's) is much better when you know someone like that is on your team.

February 12th, 2015
She saved my life by diagnosing my pancreatic cancer early and sending me for surgery. Very knowledgeable and straighforward. I saw one of her partners first but she is the only one that does the endoscopic ultrasound required for biopsy. She explained things well. It was a hard diagnosis to hear but with her warm approach, I would not have wanted to hear it from anyone else. Thank you!

January 13th, 2015
Greatest doc
Great doc! Listens and actually makes you better rather than ordering tests. Inspiring for a life-style change. I have lost 40 lb and feel the best of my life.

July 28th, 2014
terrible
would not reccomend

August 12th, 2013
Great doc!
I had a great experience. Dr Bednarz doesn't just listen to the stomach problems. She takes care of other medical things and life in general. I had gone to three other Gastro doctors before her and she is the only one who was able to make me better. Thank you

September 26th, 2012
In a class of her own.
I can state without qualification that Dr. Bednarz is definitely the best Polish Gastroenterologist in Duluth.

September 13th, 2010
AN ANGEL IN A LAB COAT
Up until I seen Dr. Bednarz, no one - I mean, NO ONE was able to help me. I had been suffering for over 2 years with constant pain, stiffness, nausea, you name it, I had it. It wasn't until I seen Dr. Bednarz that someone finally took the time to do whatever tests needed to be done in order to find out what was wrong with me. Although I'm not exactly excited about being diagnosed with yet another auto-immune disease, I'm happy that at least someone was willing to get to the bottom of it so that I could get the help I needed in order to feel better and start living again. I could go on and on about her, but I'm sure there's not enough space provided for that...trust me...if you need to see a Gastro - she's the one to go to!