Dr. Agatha Atko DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2012
Awesome doctor
I don't know what to say except that she is a great doctor and has an exceptional bedside manner, I LOVE the fact that she isn't one of those pill-pushing doctors that seems to comprise most docs these days. I also think it says a lot about her that no matter how busy it gets, she never rushes and makes sure to spend whatever time is necessary talking to you and explaining things. Great doctor!

February 8th, 2012
The caring treatment I've received over the years by Dr. Atko and staff has been phenomenal! Dr. Atko is thorough, an excellent diagnostician, and takes the time to listen to her patients. It's no surprise that a number of patients drive long distances to see her for their health care needs.

May 12th, 2011
Such a great doctor!
Dr. Atko was the best doctor I have ever had. She is tremendously kind, funny, patient, and supportive. I would highly recommend her!

May 12th, 2011
Best doctor I've ever had
Dr. Atko is incredibly knowledgeable about not only traditional western remedies but also alternative/wholistic therapies. An appointment with Dr. Atko is comprehensive and takes some time, which means you might have to wait a bit if your appointment is later in the day, but it also means that you will be treated with the utmost care and concern. I am leaving Ann Arbor and will greatly miss Dr. Atko and her staff. I've never had such a knowledgeable and kind physician.

February 25th, 2011
Great Personal Care
Dr. Atko was willing to spend extra time with me, and answered all my detailed questions. Really went the extra mile.

January 12th, 2011
Great doctor
Dr. Atko has been my physician for over 4 years. She has always been incredibly kind, prompt, and a great diagnostician. I have never felt as if she was trying to rush me out of her office regardless of how many patients may be after me. What I particularly like about her is that she doesn't haphazardly push pills on her patients. Overall a great doctor who is easily accessible, accommodating, and one I would highly recommend.

November 21st, 2010
Dismissive and irritable
I went to see Dr. Atko after reading the mostly positive reviews on her here, but after seeing her twice I am greatly disappointed and will not go back. Dr. Atko treated me like a hysterical hypochondriac and claimed to not even be able to see physical signs that I pointed out to her. She dismissed all my concerns and refused to write me a referral to a specialist. I have since seen another doctor who listened to my concerns and issued me a referral right away. See this doctor at your own risk!

August 14th, 2010
Best Doctor I have seen in years!
Dr Atko was the first Doctor I have seen in many years that took the time to figure out what was causing my problems. She was very nice and really went over all of my health concerns.

August 20th, 2009
Staff was so rude, could not even get into see Dr.

March 2nd, 2009
I have only seen Dr. Atko for an initial visit so far, and I am so impressed with her. I have worked for excellent physicians for the last 25 years and was hoping to find an excellent physician for myself. I was looking for a Doctor that has expertise in Holistic and Western Medicine. Dr. Atko was referred to me with a high recommendation. I was so thrilled to have found someone so knowledgable and that took so much time to help me with my problems. I am looking forward to my next appointment with Dr. Atko. I did notice the negative oppinion from another patient, and only can wonder if the patient was the problem and not the Doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Atko!

October 24th, 2008
Wonderful Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Atko for about two years to deal with a very complex multi-system condition. From the very beginning Dr. Atko was patient, comprehensive, intelligent, and caring. I highly recommend her.(I realize one of the other reviews here reflects a brief negative experience. I am not sure what was going on, but my experience has been very different.)

April 23rd, 2008
really bad communication and understanding.
asked her for a very simple test and she was shocked and treated me like crap for even asking for lab work without a proper appointment with her. I was already terribly anxious asking, and she just made it worse. She acted shocked like she didn't know what I was asking. I have asked my other doctors for tests in-between full appointments and have NEVER, ever had a problem. She acted like I asked her for 2 hours of her time. I am not sure she fully knows how she comes across. She didn't offer to set up another appointment time with me later in the week or help me in anyway. We were cash customers, who are now moving to a new physican. I don't need to be treated the way I was treated at her practice. she also refused to bill my insurance so I could get the negoiated rate-since I have a HDHP. Maybe in the future Dr. Atko-don't spend 10 minutes with the drug rep in the morning that cut into our appointment time-is that why we were rushed out like bums?