Obstetricians & Gynecologists
39000 Bob Hope Dr
Ste P214
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
760-346-5670
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

• Currently 2.7741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
Aug 12th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Montz back in 1997 here in Cleveland Ohio when she delivered my son. She was just as horrible back then as she is now based on these reviews; and a friend of mine who is a nurse at Fairview Hospital confirmed her horrible bedside manner and said she was just mean. My husband caught her double charging us and when he pointed it out to her, she walked out in a huff and returned with a personal check for what she owed us. And yes, she does make you feel stupid and treats you like you're an annoyance instead of a patient...who pays her salary! I'm so sorry for the other women who had bad experiences with her. She clearly hasn't changed in 16 years so anyone who's considering her as their doctor DON'T.

|  Not good doct  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2013

I am put this in short, she didn't take her time to explain to us, left my staple 7 days when she was suppose to take them off on the 5 th day, she try to say my insurance had a co pay when it didn't I am active duty full cover, anyone whos in military or prior knows full active duty dont pay anything,she gave me an appointment and then switch it and didn't see me, I told her its okay I'll just go somewhere else, I'm sorry but I don't recommend her , I did go to another doctor prior to my apt and he explain everything way better and took his time.

|  Dr. Montz saved my life  |  show details
by Laurie Savage on Jun 11th, 2013

I am presently almost 75 years of age. I began going to Dr. Montz when she first arrived in town. She replaced a wonderful doctor who was finally able to retire when he discovered her. I have been a patient with this office for over 22 years. Reading these mean reviews baffle me. It makes me think that maybe the reviewers may have a mental problem. Dr. Montz does not waste time with idle conversation, but, will give you all the time necessary if you have questions. Over 10 years ago I began spotting - unusual at my age. I called Dr. Montz...I did not have to explain to the "office girl" my problem...within 10 minutes Dr. Montz called me back. I told her what was happening and she had me in her office the next day. The short version is: I had Uterine Cancer. Quickly I had the D&C, then the Hysterectomy, followed by biopsy's. We caught my cancer fast enough that all was removed. I did not have to have chemo or radiation. I have a friend who had my same symptoms a year before. Her Doctor kept changing her hormone pills...she was not as lucky as I. I am, thanks to God and Dr. Montz today very healthy. I have yearly checkups and mamagrams. She has great credentials is highly respected in her field...and actually she has a wry sense of humor and is a good, caring person. PS: A paps smear has never been easy, but, the payoff is priceless.

|  Episiotomy Obsessed!  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

I did not have this dr. for my pregnancy, but as I was discussing the different doctors with the nurses at Desert Regional (while I was in pre-labor), I heard from multiple different nurses that this woman is obsessed with episiotomies!They said she will do them to every woman who is delivering vaginally, no matter how many previous babies they have had! One nurse actually told me she knows of nurses who will purposely wait too long to call her and deliver the baby themselves to keep the patient from having to deal with the unnecessary procedure! I felt I had to submit this, because I almost chose her for my dr.! I ended up with one little stitch after my third baby and I can't imagine what she would have done to me! Luckily, it took two whole days for her office to call me back, so that made the decision of whether or not she should be my dr., easy! The nurses told me that the patients who like her are all c-section patients...so, there you have it! Now we know why she has such mixed reviews! I guess if you know you need a c/s, then she might be alright, but personally, I wouldn't trust a dr. who butchers women for no reason!

|  This woman is nuts. I went to her for  |  show details
by MyrnaP745 at Citysearch on Jun 9th, 2012 on citysearch.com

This woman is nuts. I went to her for my first son. She sent me to a specialist that didn`t even take my insurance, then got mad at me because of it. She threatened me saying if I didn`t do everything she said, she would make sure NO ONE within a driving radius would deliver me. Not to mention she cussed me out. Finally she found a high risk doctor to send me to. He was amazing. Come to find out I had an infection that could of killed my baby and me and she missed it over 4 times. My high risk doctor called her and yelled at her, You could hear him in the waiting room. He then took over my care. This woman is crazy and should never be able to practice medicine.

|  This woman is nuts. I went to her for  |  show details
by MyrnaP745 at Citysearch on Jun 9th, 2012 on citysearch.com

This woman is nuts. I went to her for my first son. She sent me to a specialist that didn't even take my insurance, then got mad at me because of it. She threatened me saying if I didn't do everything she said, she would make sure NO ONE within a driving radius would deliver me. Not to mention she cussed me out. Finally she found a high risk doctor to send me to. He was amazing. Come to find out I had an infection that could of killed my baby and me and she missed it over 4 times. My high risk doctor called her and yelled at her, You could hear him in the waiting room. He then took over my care. This woman is crazy and should never be able to practice medicine.

|  OMG! I LITERALLY WANT TO CRY...  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

The purpose of my review is not to make false comments about this Dr. but to honestly share my experience and hope to help any of those who are about to submit themselves into Dr. Montz medical care. I had a salpingo-oopherectomy and a tubal ligation perfomed by Dr. Montz and my recovery has been long and very painful. During my office visits, she was never able to adequately answer my concerns. After surgery, she refused to prescribe me with pain medication. According to her it's addictive. Yeah right! I had the removal of an ovarian cyst that was the size of a very large grapefruit. Only I know what I have been going through. I had soooo much pain it was unbearable. I took bottles and bottles of over the counter medication just to help ease the pain, which in return have only caused more damaged and serious side effects to my stomach and intestines. After a few months, I continue experiencing frequent pain and very much discomfort. Aside from the pain, I am also experiencing a hormonal inbalance. Awful hot-flashes, and change of mood swings. Feeling overwhelmed, I decided to do a little research about her patient reviews. After reading them, I literally feel like crying. I feel so hopeless. I now realize that I should have done this before submitting myself to surgery with her. I have never met a doctor with such poor pain management skills. Nonetheless, her inadequate way of responding to questions, her rolling of the eyes, her unprofessional and unattentive manner should be a red light to anyone seeking medical attention from this Dr.

|  Mother went to her once and was very uncomforable  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

My mom went to her for just gynecological exam. I did not meet her but my mother said she was extremely uncomfortable psychologically and said she hurt her when examining her, said she was very rough and her manner and conversational skills disturbing. My momm also had the feeling that this physician seemed to...how shall I put it delicately..like women a little too much. Mom passed away last year suddenly. I came across this listing when searching for a doctor for myself and felt I should say something. Needless to say mother said she would NEVER go back to this doctor. It might be wise to check State Medical Board to see if there have been any actions against her.

|  Stay Away  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Very bad bedside manner and no regards to patient. Always in hurry and have one hand on door knob... Not helpful in answering questions.. She even held the our reports when we changed to a different doctor.

|  This is not the Dr. Montz I know  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

I have only had good experiences with Dr. Montz. I have been using her for 12 years and found her caring, helpful and accurate in her diagnoses.

|  Not Professional  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2011

Dr. Montz was my Dr. whilie I was pregnant of my first Daughter. I had the worst experience of all. She order to have me induce as soon as I entered the Hospital I ask why my nurse did't know. I arrived at 2 in the morning. I had to wait for her about 30 to 40 minutes ready for my daughter to be born. My nurse had to have her hand on my vagina holding the baby from comming cause theDr. was not there yet. . .She cut me because thats what she does when ur first time mom. But she started sowing me with out anesthesia because it took longer for it to kick in and she did'nt care!!! The nurse told her that I was herting because of me yelling and she only said "No she is not". . .The Worst!!! I change my Dr. after that. I was fool with her sign of the "Best Dr in Palm Spring" Magazine that she has out in the waitting room. . . Dont get fool Lady's She is not proffesional eventhoug her staff is grat!

Jan 13th, 2011

Just ok, and not much for bedside manner.

Jan 10th, 2011

Dr. Montz is very rude and short with her answers. She was horrible in the delivery of my son. I would never ever recommend her to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

|  wrong, just plain wrong.  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

Dr. is clearly incompetent! Mis-diagnosed my paper smear as "Stage 4 cancer"; refused to give me pain /treatment medication for a severe vaginal infection; broke HIPPA laws by sharing with me that a co-worker is also her client.

|  Don't be fooled  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

Do not be fooled by the front office staff. Yes, THEY are the sweet ones, but once you meet Dr. Monster....I mean Dr. Montz, you will regret ever stepping foot in her office. Don't be fooled by the few people on this site that have given her a thumbs up. They are a needle in a haystack full of patients that I know have gone to her and left in tears and horror at just how terrible this Dr. is. I was fooled...took a chance and regret it. She is absolutely disrespectful has not care no concern, no kindness, no anything except a medical degree that I guess makes her feel in higher power over any of her patients. Heed my warning and don't be fooled. AVOID DR. MONTZ!!!!!!!

|  x- patient  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2010

IF YOU ARE PREGNANT AND ARE LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR AND WANT A NICE AND CARING DOCTOR... DON'T GO HERE SHE IS BLUNT AND DON'T CARE IF SHE HURTS YOU FILLINGS. IF YOU HAVE MEDI-CAL SHE LOOKS DOWN ON YOU. ALSO IF YOU PAY MORE FOR YOUR VISIT LIKE FOR A DEDUCTIBLE OR CO-PAY. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE READ OUT FROM YOUR INSURANCE AND CALL HER TO MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK CAUSE SHE WONT JUST SEND IT BACK TO YOU....

|  Uncaring and condescending  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2010

Dr Montz is THE WORST dr I've ever had. I'm sure shes very intelligent and proficient at what she does but she has the worst bedside manner, makes you feel stupid for asking any questions at all, gives short curt answers and spends 3 minutes in the room with you. She was my OB/GYN for my 2nd pregnancy so I know a little about what to expect from appointments and she was terrible. Spent literally 3-5 min in the room with me, answered my questions before I finished asking them and made me feel dumb for even asking. Never remembered me or my situation which made me feel like I was a stranger every time, even though Id been seeing her for months for my prenatal care. I brought my 1 year old to my first appt, my husband was even taking care of him, and when he made any sort of peep she would stare at him like he was poop on her shoe. She seems to hate children and asked my "what happened" when I came in pregnant with my 1 year old, like why on earth would I want MORE dreadful children. The only good thing I can say is that Her office staff is very kind and getting an appointment is easy. FIND ANYONE ELSE!!

|  HORRIBLE  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2010

She has the caring nurturing of a snake. $5,000 later she still had no idea what caused my pain.Rolled her eyes when she inflicted pain during a biopsy performed in her office and she refused to give me anything to eliminate pain or make me feel at ease. She treated me as if I was just another commodity vs. someone who pays her salary. HORRIBLE DOCTOR

|  Waste of time  |  show details
by yourfriendrobin on Jun 8th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I would never return to this doctor for several reasons. First, she asked me the same exact question twice on two separate occasions during the same short visit. In other words, she asked me 4 questions and two of them were exactly the same. Either she wasn`t listening to my responses, or she is extremely forgetful. Second, she has her billing assistant call her clients to give them any type of bad news. Needless to say, this girl is sweet but far from qualified to handle such a task. Third, Dr. Montz must have forgotten what it feels like to be a woman and want children, because she wants her older clients to wait a year, before running any type of tests for fertility. That is great if you are 22, but when you are in your mid to late thirties, time is of the essence. The office is outdated. The table where that you lay on is held together by tape, the cheap clothes they give you are the size of a wash cloth and don`t have any arm holes. she doesn`t give you time to get situated, after your exam, before she starts throwing questions at you and expects an answer. Most doctors wait until you sit up and get situated and then start chatting with you... Not worth the time, In my opinion.

|  Happy w/ visit :)  |  show details
May 31st, 2010

After seeing a few comments on this site regarding this doctor, i was a lil nervous like everyone else to see her as a new patient. From the moment I walked into her office I was greeted w/ polite office staff. I was then taken back to see Dr. Montz (my wait was 10-15 min after filling out New Patient paperwork) She did my exam, answered all my questions i had to ask. All in all she was very nice and kind. I have no idea what other experience other women had, but it sounds like from reading other reviews that pregnancy hormones got the best of them and they took things in bad perspectives.

|  delighted!  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

After reading some of teh reviews on Dr. Montz, I was kinda scared on going to my appointment. She is an absolute delight! I totally adore her. she's kind, courteous.

|  Terrible  |  show details
May 5th, 2010

This doctor is the worst I have ever seen. The office girl was very nice, but even she couldn't make up for the horrible feeling I felt while leaving Dr. Montz office. I came to my appointment very excited as I found out I was pregnant. I was told the visit would be $150-$250 as I have a deductible. The visit consited of my husband and I asking Dr. Montz questions regarding my pregnancy. She answered our questions, but in such a rude and degrading way. She made you feel so stupid. She then had me lie down as she took 3 secs to check my peliv bones. No pregnancy test, no ultrasound. The whole visit was 15mins. Then they charged me the whole $250. Do yourself a favor and don't go to this women. I'm sorry I did.

|  Horrible doctor!  |  show details
by Appalled and afronted on Apr 30th, 2010

This doctor is terrible! I went to her as recent as TODAY (4/30/10) and she was just as rude as my first visit. I went to explain to her that my job and livelyhood is on the line because I kept getting nauseated at my job as a casino vault cashier. She said she saw no reason to prescribe me anti nasuea medication NOR fill out a temporary leave of absence form as request, and proceeded to (after I paid a large copay for this note) yell at my husband and I because I told her I was afraid to miss work. Her reasoning was, be responsible and go, despite how many times I told her that if I went and got ill, Id be in trouble! I went back to work following the doctors orders, and 2 days later ended up being carted out of my casino on a stretcher! Shes the worst, most rude doctor I have ever met! Not to mention the fact that my insurance only charges 20 for a copay, but Doctor MONSTER as another post describes feels her work is worth more, and charges me double. After asking HR, I will be filing a claim against her for returned funds as she is overcharging me against my insurance policy! DO NOT GO TO HER!

|  one word "MEAN"  |  show details
by Horrified Patient on Apr 29th, 2010

I can honestly say, this doctor is just plain Mean.I leave there feeling that not only does she not care about me or my pregnancy, I actually wasted HER time and I should owe her a debt of gratitude she even saw me...Her answers are short and abrupt. She makes you feel stupid for even asking. and you still leave there as unsure as when you walked in. There is not an ounce of care in her tone, approach or diagnosis. I have no idea how she has stayed in practice for so long, but i can tell you, you are wasting your energy, emotions and time even going in for one visit. Worst doctor I have ever had in my life.

|  Don't Waste Your Time  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2010

Dr. Montz has a real talent. A real talent for making you feel like you are uneducated and an insignificant part of her day. We were terribly disturbed by her lack of interest in our pregnancy. We had to ask her questions and her response to any of the questions we had was short, rude, and a waste of her time. Since we were unaware of what to expect, we learned more from a store bought five dollar baby book than we learned in any one of our visits with Dr. Montz. We had to ask about immunizations and symptoms of a normal pregnancy, which she had no answer to. By the way if something hurts or is bothering you it's because "your uterus is growning."

|  Known as Dr. Monster  |  show details
by Luster86 on Dec 22nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

My daughter had her for her as her OB with her 3 child. Since her second child had complicatins she was very concerned during this pregnancy. Dr. Monster treated her as if she was a 12 yr old. Two days before her delivery date she went in for her check up she had been to the hospital the night before and was told she was dialated to 3 but was sent home. When she discussed this with Dr. Monster she told my daughter she needed prozac! My daughter left crying called her insurance and was told that she had been changed to a specialist 3 mo. earlier....Dr. Monster never even told her!! She was seen that afternoon and delivered the following morning. Dr. Monster needs to find another line of work!!! If I could give minus stars I would!

|  Terrible bedside manner  |  show details
by UnhappyPt on Oct 1st, 2009

I have had 2 unfortunate incidents with this doctor. Being new to the area and having a history of miscarriages, I was researching for a new OB/GYN. After seeing much colleague praise for her, I decided to see Dr. Montz. My first visit to Dr. Montz was in regards to a possible early miscarriage. I was scheduled for an ultrasound and had blood drawn twice to analyze my hormone levels. No one from the office called to let me know the results from the 2nd draw. When I called them to find out my levels, the nurse/medical assistant told me my results in an uncaring, matter-of-fact fashion. Perhaps miscarriages is a common occurrence in the medical office, but it is very emotional for the patient! I was also told that no D&C was needed and it would work out itself.My second visit was for a possible urinary tract infection. Upon her consultation, she asked if I could possibly be pregnant. While I told her about my irregular cycles and failed attempts at becoming pregnant, she interrupted and asked if I had unprotected sex. As I answered in the affirmative, she responded that she learned in "medical school" that unprotected sex could lead to pregnancy. As a fellow health care professional, i was appalled at her response, but I gritted my teeth so I could get my antibiotic prescription.The only positive aspect of this office is that they are able to get you in pretty quickly if you have a problem, but that is it!

|  Just saw her today for first time....  |  show details
by Laura K. on Sep 24th, 2009

Maybe Dr. Montz has been reading these negatives and has changed or maybe some people are just negative people. I'll have to admit, after reading these 10 min before my appt I was expecting the worst. She was totally fine, friendly, smiling and good bed side manner...

|  Good care, matter of fact and not an alarmist  |  show details
by Mary (McGraw) Gordon on Sep 21st, 2009

I enjoy Dr. Montz's manner as I find her to be not only an excellent clinician but she has a practical approach and does not have an alarmist approach when diagnosing serious medical issues.

Aug 24th, 2009

Condescending and uncaring. Needs to improve big time on relationship with patients. Rolling the eyes when a patient asks for information , to me, denotes impatience and makes the patient feel small. Not necessary.

by WarningWarning on Feb 18th, 2009 on citysearch.com

We will never return to this physician and we should have believed the extremely poor ratings and comments that we saw prior to my daughter's appointment. Our opinion is that this doctor has horrible bedside manner, poor personal skills, appears uncaring,

|  WARNING!!  |  show details
by WarningWarning at Citysearch on Feb 18th, 2009 on citysearch.com

We will never return to this physician and we should have believed the extremely poor ratings and comments that we saw prior to my daughter`s appointment. Our opinion is that this doctor has horrible bedside manner, poor personal skills, appears uncaring, and that she probably should have retired long ago. It is strongly recommended that you find another physician!!!!!!!!!!!! Turns out we also know others who have gone to this doctor, and they feel the same way! My daughter actually left this doctor`s office in tears!

|  Did not follow through  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2008

As her patient I had a miscarriage. She did not do a DNC or check if I needed one. She said things would take care of themselves. I had never had a miscarriage and I trusted her professional opinion. 2 months later I was in pain and bleeding as a result of an infection in my uterus. I went to her crying, bleeding and in pain she asked for dates of menstrual periods, in pain and in tears while bleeding -I told her I couldn't remember and she firmly raised her voice and said "Can't you write it down, it isn't hard." The ultrasound technician checking my uterus after the infection was finally gone was surprised to here that an ultrasound wasn't done after the miscarriage. A CNA at another doctor's office told me I could have sued Dr. Montz since this infection could have caused me to lose my uterus. I asked Dr. Montz if all of this could have been avoided if I would have had a DNC and she said "Well yes in retrospec, but why go into an unnecessary surgery" The fact is a DNC was necessary and if she had followed up and requested an ultrasound she would have known this instead of being upset with me while I was in pain. It is only by God's grace that I still have a uterus.

|  Worst anywhere  |  show details
by CMoodhe on Jul 3rd, 2008

Agnes Montz examined my wife and recommended surgery immediately to remove her ovary due to a cyst growing on it. As my wife had only one ovary left, this would have left her infertile. My wife was devastated emotionally. I took her in for a second opinion (from a different gynecologist) and this one said he could save the ovary. Now i was confused. One tells me that it has to come out now, the other says he can save it. So I go to a third gynecologist and this guy gives us a 95% chance of saving the ovary. My wifes ovary was saved and we will have children in the future. Had I listened to Agnes Montz, we would never be able to have children. The lady is a butcher trying to make some quick bucks off of surgeries that aren't neccessarry. If you see A. Montz and she recommends surgery, GET A SECOND OPINION. Better yet, don't use her in the first place, find someone (anyone) else.

by CMoodhe on Jul 3rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Worst anywhere  |  show details
by CMoodhe at Citysearch on Jul 3rd, 2008 on citysearch.com

Agnes Montz examined my wife and recommended surgery immediately to remove her ovary due to a cyst growing on it. As my wife had only one ovary left, this would have left her infertile. My wife was devastated emotionally. I took her in for a second opinion from a different gynecologist and this one said he could save the ovary. Now i was confused. One tells me that it has to come out now, the other says he can save it. So I go to a third gynecologist and this guy gives us a 95 chance of saving the ovary. My wifes ovary was saved and we will have children in the future. Had I listened to Agnes Montz, we would never be able to have children. The lady is a butcher trying to make some quick bucks off of surgeries that aren`t neccessarry. If you see A. Montz and she recommends surgery, GET A SECOND OPINION. Better yet, don`t use her in the first place, find someone anyone else.

|  Dr. Montz  |  show details
by ynona at Citysearch on Oct 27th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Pleasant staff, but the doctor had absolutely no bedside manner. She had no compassion and was very unfriendly. The waiting room and examining room were very old and seemed dirty too.

by ynona on Oct 27th, 2007 on citysearch.com