Dr. Agop Artinian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

August 24th, 2016
FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR...ANY DOCTOR WOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS GUY!!! GAVE HIM ONE STAR RATING BECAUSE HALF A STAR WAS NOT AN OPTION.

February 5th, 2016
He is a great Doctor, also a great human being.

September 30th, 2015
Horrible doctor
I would not recommend going to him for anything. He sents you for tons of blood work and other tests to try to figure out what is wrong BUT he does not listen to your symptoms. The office is a complete mess, the receptionist is his wife who is clueless. You'll never get a call about your results and when you call you'll have to call back 100 times until you finally get them. He misdiagnosed me and thanks to his overload of medications now I am stuck with an allergy for life. Don't risk your health go somewhere else.

October 24th, 2014
Horrible staff and horrible doctor
I was going to this doctor to taper off of benzos. He was an agnry fellow whose air head wife runs the front desk and has no idea what she is doing. They did not keep accurate records, they don't make a follow up appointment even though you definetely need one, they call in too much medication or not enough and then say "call us." Then when you call it takes like 30 phone calls. They try and make the pharmacy call them because they are "so busy" as per the mouth of the front desk. No legitimate pharmacy calls a doctor for a controlled substance. Then I was dismissed without a reason during a valium taper. This guy switched me from klonopin to valium and I was tapering down as instructed and then I got in trouble for asking how to get my next prescription and how to take my medicine. He used as combination of 10mg. 5mg, and 2mg pills to to make the cuts but writing scripts for 30 day supplies and scheduling follow ups was too much for this guy and his wife. Honest to God this doctor is a nut job. Maybe its a language barrier or because he went to school in Romania and he has his wife running the front desk. The front desk is bona fide borderline retarded and he got angry when I raised the issue in a polite manner and threw me and my wife out without reason. I had an appointment in 30 days and only two weeks of medication. I had no 5mg pills and I was going down to 15mgs so I asked should I use several 2mg pills or call you in a few days and get 5mg pills? This simple question proved too much for him lol. Now I see an addiction psychiatrist in Philadelphia who went to John Hopkins who tells me exactly what to do, exactly how to take my medication, actually gives me the scripts for the full supply between appointments, and uses medicine which actually helps the withdrawal and insomnia and explains the symptoms. he will also call you back in a moments notice if you need something. I can just talk to him and not some dingbat who did not go to medical school and I would be surprised if she even has a Bachelor's Degree running a front desk of a doctor doing multiple benzo tapers. The man is nuts, probably going senile in his own age or something and the front desk is horrendous. There are no computers, they don't collect your copay when you go there, they don't schedule follow up appointments, and watch out you might get dismissed for no reason without a follow up letter. My advice is don't go here and definetely do not go here for anxiety, or benzo tapers, or anything like that. Leave that in the hands of a psychiatrist because medical doctors do not really understand those medicines. Think about it; these guys went to medical school before many of the newer medications were even invented.

January 18th, 2011
Questionable Medical Training
This guy totally dismissed a rash I had on my hand which spread and got much worse in following weeks. When I went back to show him he had nothing to say about it - no diagnoses, referral or treatment. Why won't doctors EVER admit when they are wrong or don't know something? During my first visit he took blood and had to go through about 5 veins on 2 arms before he was able to draw blood. Normally people have no problem drawing blood from my veins. It was extremely painful and frustrating. The office itself is EXTREMELY WEIRD. It looks like it's from the 1970s. Everything looks old and dirty and they don't even use computers. When I asked the receptionist where Artinian went to medical school she put me on hold and came back to say "in Europe". I asked where specifically and she would not tell me. When I asked what country, finally she revealed it was Romania. I'm not xenophobic or anything, but I can't imagine the quality of medical schools in one of the poorest countries in the world to be very good.