Dr. Agustin Busta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Agustin Busta?

March 3rd, 2017

good Dr

very strange personality but once you get to know him you will like him

September 16th, 2015

Go Elsewhere!

If you are looking for a doctor who will talk to you like you are ten years old and know nothing, this is the man for you! He's arrogant, and lacks empathy. He'll talk down to you and treat you as if you have no idea about your own body or your medical condition. His reception desk staff are apathetic people with bad attitudes who have difficulty communicating properly. They make no effort to follow through. Saying "I don't know" is standard form for them. Getting an appointment, a call back or refills is very difficult since the answering service almost always answers incoming calls. I was actually lied to when I was a patient there. Go elsewhere.

April 2nd, 2015

Bad, bad doctor

This was the worst experience I have had with a physician. Rude, arrogant and IGNORANT. I am sorry to say he is a disgrace to the medical community. I wonder if those who gave him high marks got paid to do it. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. His has a the attidude of a I AM IT. Well, he is not it. Too bad because the staff at Beth Israel get 5 starts from me. He gets a none, doesn't deserve the job.

April 15th, 2014

Lifesaver

Best part of my visit was the education provided by Dr. Busta. He just keeps it simple. Let Dr. Busta go through the 4 B's training. Also, he is caucious to prescribe medication which I appreciate.

January 31st, 2013

Lacking compassion

I was really sick, so much so that it impeded my regular life. Busta told me I needed an extra test urgently. It was hard for me to get an appointment with the other specialist so I called back telling him so, literally he said to me "You're lucky he takes insurance, and you're lucky you don't have cancer." It was a rough time in my life and his insensitivity really made me cry. Yes, I didn't have cancer but how is that something you say to a patient? I couldn't understand his lack of professionalism and just plain human compassion. His diagnosis was accurate, and happy ending I did get a quicker appointment with the specialist who was professional. Afterwards, Busta actually called me almost alarming me a year later that I should follow up with him. I don't think so. I don't think anyone should be treated this way. There are other caring professionals out there, find them! :)

October 19th, 2012

I'm both an internal medicine physician and a patient. I trust Dr. Busta and am very impressed by his knowledge and skill.

November 10th, 2011

Find another doctor

Dealing with this doctor and his asst Erika is like the Keystone Cops. You're told to come in for an appointment and then they ask why are you hear. He is unable to communicate a diagnosis and then scares you with his lak of understanding. STAY AWAY

October 4th, 2011

He's been my Md for years. He's professional and has a great beside manner.

July 25th, 2011

Dr. Busta is very caring. He is easy to talk to and he takes an interest in the patient.

March 16th, 2011

good endo

I am type 1 diabetic and have been seeing Dr. Busta for five years. I worked with a few other endocrinologists prior to moving to NY, and he is the best so far. I felt stressed by my first visit because I had thought I was doing all I could to take care of myself. Dr. Busta had higher expectations for my T1 management than my previous doctors. Now I am very grateful that he challenged me to improve my blood glucose control and helped me acquire the necessary skills. He sent me for sessions with his nutritionist and his diabetes nurse educator. He eventually helped me transition from injections to an insulin pump. (He will not pressure anyone to make that change. I was the one who pushed for it.) Previously, my A1C had been around 6.7, and now it's usually around 6.1. And I don't feel like I'm working any harder at it! Each office visit is like a mini-lesson in my T1 care. Dr. Busta is always willing to answer my many questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Busta to patients who want to learn to take better care of themselves.

November 20th, 2009

I really liked Dr. Busta. We had pleasent conversation about families and travel. He was much more concerned with my general health and complications of my condition than my GP. He ordered a panel of test to check for other polygleanal issues (which run in my family), my GP wouldn't run these test, and he did without me asking. He personally called me the next day, and 4 weeks afterward to discuss my symptoms and give me test results. I think he was very focused on my care. When scheduling my appointment I got one the next day, whereas other doctors were booked for 4 weeks. The office was friendly but also talking with friends, and there were a lot of strange old diabetes patients there who were loud and disruptive. It was ok though.

November 6th, 2009

Don't go to there..

Dr. Busta dose not havebasic manner forthe pacients. He gave me wrong information and he does not much care about a side effect of medication.I really don't suggest go to his office.