Dr. Agustin Martinez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 29th, 2016
As a female and having certain concerns, I came with hope that the Physician would help me with a problem I've been having and has not fully been resolved. As a second opinion, in only ONE visit he resolved my problem and even had some additional labs done (requested by him) that I wasn't even aware of, that my insurance covered at 100%. Extremely recommended!!!

September 28th, 2016
Good and trustworthy service
Busy practice, but reliable and available. I had an emergency and they were the only ones in town to take me in when I needed help the most. Professional staff and caring doctors. Dr. Martinez showed genuine concern for my problem and it is the first time that I feel that someone has gone into my history in detail.

September 6th, 2016
La espera puede ser todo tu día
Me recomendaron este doctor, pero en mi primer cita espere 5 hrs. y me desespere tanto de ver tanta gente delante de mi que decidí hacer cita para el día siguiente :( al día siguiente llegue espere 45 minutos y pense, Dios mio! va a ser lo mismo que ayer, así que decidí irne, y jamás regresar .

August 4th, 2016
Worst choice for first pregnancy
Would not recommend him to anyone. I understand his clinic is filled with patients but when he's in the room to see you, he is there to explain how your pregnancy is coming along, answer your questions accordingly yet he would rush into the room only being there 2-5 minutes... LITERALLY! He would answer my questions with yes, no and maybe...rather than explaining. THIS IS HIS PROFESSION. I can't be going home and wondering or Googleing the answers since my own Dr couldn't do so. Switched Dr's since I am currently 31 weeks and know NOTHING regarding my baby since all he says is he's fine see you in a couple of weeks. Worst experience ever. I want to feel at ease, comfortable and have a good experience with the care my Dr is giving me...which obviously Dr.Martinez couldn't do.

July 1st, 2011
Was he just having a bad day?!
I did not have a good experience. I was at the office 3 hours just to have a yearly women's exam. I know that doctors are busy and things come up causing the delay so I can forgive the long wait. About 2 hours into my wait, they asked if I wanted to have a physician's assistant see me. Are you kidding me?! Me and my insurance are paying to see a doctor. After about 45 min. he came in and was clearly flustered and rushed. He went through the exam so fast that I was stunned. As he was wrapping up, he had his head down writing and was talking so fast that I had to ask him to repeat what he was saying. I have some discomfort in my uterine area and he did a sonogram and found there was a decent sized cyst on my ovary. He said I can come back in 3 months to see if the size had changed. Then he gave me a huge smile and said "this is good news, I can't find anything wrong". The look on my face caught his attention and brought him back to reality. To make a long story short, perhaps he thought that either I wasn't educated or was passive or would tolerate bizarre behavior from a doctor. However, if I'm having discomfort in my vaginal area, and I have a cyst on my ovary why not make the connection?! The bottomline is that I'm going to have an MRI done and rather than wait, I'm going to have the cyst removed, BUT under no circumstances whatsoever, will I let Dr. Martinez do it. Either he will refer me to a surgeon or I'll find one myself. Good Luck with him ladies. Again, perhaps he was having a bad day, but that is no excuse. I have a right to expect more from a doctor and you should too!

June 30th, 2011
It's all about Money
Dr. Martinez is one of the busiest doctors in the area. By consequense everytime you go to his practice the waiting time is totally unacceptable. It can go from 2 hrs or more. I went there when I found out I was pregnant, for starters they treat you better if you have a nice insurance (eg United Healthcare, BCBS etc) than if you have CHIP or medicaid, long story short he decided to rush my C section, because of HBP (that could be controlled with medication and when urine test indicated no problems with the kidneys) the baby was almost 37 wks I asked him if the baby will be ok he said the baby is ready at 37 wks. As a result the baby was on NICU for a week (he never mentioned to me that the baby will be premature) When he was performing the Csection I was advised he "accidentally" made a laceration to my bladder. A Doctor with his experience and expertise making that mistake? Really? At the end the total bill between my baby and me was almost 60K good thing I was on Medicaid otherwise I would be paying that for a lifetime. He seems to be educated enough to know what he is doing, unfortunately like most Doctors in the Mcallen/Edinburg area ripping off the insurance companies and the patients doing procedures that are not necessary will give the hospital and Doctors BIG profits That is the common thing these days and in the mean time the one paying the price is the patient because a baby that was in the Nicu will have sequels or be behind comparing to his peers that were born when they suppose to. My advise? Go to a Doctor that is NOT affiliated with the Doctors Hospital at Reinassance. because most of the time they are share holders and every thing they do will give them big $$$$ not only to themselves but to their hospital too. The bad news is that almost all Doctors these days are affiliated with that Hospital from OBGYN's to Pediatrician's so considered yourself warned...

December 28th, 2010
Dr. Martinez is very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend him to all my family and acquaintances.

September 28th, 2009