Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Nightmare surgery  |  show details
by Hernia Surgery on Sep 20th, 2014

I damaged my abdominal muscles hiking in the Smokey Mountains and returned home to find out I needed hernia surgery. My consultation was brief and the need for surgery was obvious. Unfortunately my experience with Johns Creek Emory was a nightmare dealing with the nursing staff who had multiple mis-communications and put me in enormous pain for hours because of it. Within a week of the surgery I had burning in my left leg. I consulted my primary care physician who told me that the surgery might have nicked a nerve (it was in the lower left of my abdomen) and I needed to go back to the surgeon. When I returned to the surgeon, he just stated that it was normal and that it would heal within a month or so. After a month, my leg was on fire. I would go throughout my days feeling like someone was holding a lighter to my inner thigh. it was excruciating. I returned to Dr Khan again and he refused to take responsibility for it and said it was likely just "normal healing". After 5 months of this burning of my thigh, the sensation slowly reduced in size and intensity until finally I just had numbness in my leg for the following year. 2 years later, I am finally healed. But the experience was horrendous and I do not recommend this surgeon or this hospital to anyone.

|  Appalling!!  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2013

Dr. Khan did an unsuccessful surgery on my brother in January of this year which has caused him to lose his job/insurance and he needs his surgery corrected. We went to Dr. Khan yesterday and dr. Khan refused to take responsibility and refused to do another surgery to correct his mistakes. He was yelling and cussing at his staff as we exited his office!! I wouldn't take my dog to him!

|  $$$$$$$  |  show details
by Michael on Jun 17th, 2013

He is a great doctor! Unfortunately he choose to work with Emory (a MONEY HUNGRY company) My bill was around $4000. My insurance paid all but $731 and some change. I was paying $100 a month and was receiving phone calls harassing me about $531 I haven't paid fully yet? That it would go into collections! They don't care about you as the patient, they care about your money like every other place in this World. I am going to pay them off today and I will NEVER go back! Only rated 1 star because Emory doesn't deserve a great Doctor like Dr.Khan!

|  Ignored  |  show details
by John Case on Apr 22nd, 2013

I appreciate the visit and help for the most part. I do not understand the communication between me, Tasha and my medical insurance company . I felt as if I was a leper. And I do not understand how I was turned down twice and she said the second time was approved.

|  show details
by Jan Smith-Suwanee on Mar 25th, 2013

I was amazed at the kindness and support from his staff. I understand he just re-hauled his entire office staff as well as his office hours and availability- and everyone was amazing!!! They are very thorough and made sure all of my questions and concerns were addressed before I left the suite. They handled my entire pre-op for me and were in touch with me during my first 24 hours at home checking in and being supportive. I would without any hesitation recommend him to family and friends.

|  show details
Feb 26th, 2013

I lost over 100 lbs from his surgery. My blood sugar and pressure are now normal! He changed my life.

|  Charlene-Athens,Ga  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr.Khan AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful Staff Stephanie is Great, she keep up with you through the whole process. Dr.Khan very understanding and listen to you and gives the best advice to all his patience I have seen him do that over and over and they have Kasey at John Creek Hospital who is wonderful also they was you to succeed they have a great team. I look forward going to them and paying my co-pay. Dr.Khan saved my life.

|  Physician and Office Staff are Extraordinary  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

I went into this practice for a consultation and left feeling like I had been treated with respect and dignity. The office staff went above and beyoond to answer my questions. I have even consulted the office staff after hours via email and website on weekends and afterhours and was answered in a few brief minutes. This office has several methods of communication ( which the average working person loves) not everyone can answer calls between the hours of 9-5 and this office staff goes way above for their patients. Stephanie, the practice manager is very knowledgeable and shows care and compassion for her patients. I went into this consultation very apprehensive. But left feeling both knowledgeable and validated. I would highly recommend this office and the staff to any memeber of my family and friends.

|  Do NOT work with this office  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I paid just for a bariatric consultation. The doctor was fine...his office on the other hand has the worst staff I've ever seen at any office - which is really saying something. Stephanie, his head administrator, repeatedly lied to me about my insurance information even when I checked with the insurance company and had the evidence that she was lying. Not only were her action terrifying, they were illegal. Plus their office had two cancelled numbers in the 3 weeks that I was trying to work with them? How is that appropriate behavior for an office. When I found another number for Dr. Khan he wasn't concerned so much about his staff, but how I got his number because he didn't like to talk to patients out of the office. DO NOT use this doctor. Surgery is far too serious without someone you absolutely trust.