Dr. Ahamefula Onyike MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

January 28th, 2016
Excellent Capitol Hill Orthopedic surgeon
I was impressed. He gave me explanations that gave me an understanding of the problem. He was patient and thorough. I will have my shoulder surgery with him next month.

January 6th, 2014
Excellent Clinician
I was recommended to Dr. Onyike by a professional who is familiar with patient outcomes. I fell on the stairs and fractured my ankle in three places. Dr. Onyike explained the injury, the surgery and recovery process to me in terms that are understandable to the layperson. He gave me utmost confidence in his ability to repair my ankle. He was very thorough and attentive during the recovery period and helped me with pain management. I have had an excellent outcome, despite the seriousness of my injury. I highly recommend Dr. Onyike.

March 18th, 2011
Repeat Performance
I have heard and still hear such horror stories about joint replacements. However, when I intially met Dr. Onyike he made me feel comfortable about asking questions. I was so impressed with how patient he is about answering any and all questions. I had my first hip replacement 2 years ago. Dr. Onyike is so caring and patient he has a way of making you feel that you are is only patient. My hip replacement was a pleasant experience, I honestly do not remember any suffering afterwards and everything healed perfectly. I have scheduled hip replacement surgery for my other hip to take place in a few weeks. I would not have this surgery performed by any other doctor. Great job!!!!

August 25th, 2010
My mothers knee is fixed
My mother has suffered from horrible case of knee arthritis which runs in the family. My moms sister my aunt had knee replacement and came out worse. My mom therefore avoided the needed surgery and her condition got worse. She had become a couch potato stuck in the house. An elderly lady in the church referred us to Dr. Onyike and we made an appointment. It was a very busy day and he was behind because of an emergency trauma. However he took his time with us and even allowed us to go and get an xray and called us personally to explain the problem. Eventhough several doctors had told my mother that she must have knee replacement, Dr. Onyike patiently explained that it was not an emergency and that we decided for ourselves. I asked him for contacts of other patients that had done the operation and he provided 5 names. I talked to 2 of them and was automatically sure that I wanted him to fix my mothers knees. We had a family meeting and agreed.My mother had her surgery 4 months ago on both knees. It has been a great decision. During the surgery, he used a new pain method that made her very surprisingly comfortable. Her knees which were bowed are now straight and her pain is completely gone.I have been so impressed because she has resumed her gardening and church activities. Since then one other man in our church had his hip fixed and is also doing great.I have been impressed by the result but also the patience and manner of Dr. Onyike.My aunt who had her knees messed up is now getting evaluated for corrective surgery by Dr. Onyike

April 3rd, 2009
My hip doctor
I have been looking for a doctor to perform my hip resurfacing surgery for 2 years. Dr. Onyike was recommended to me by my gym trainer who had a hip resurfacing. After my appointment today, I am convinced that I have found my doctor and will be making doing the surgery in june.More updates will follow after that.