Dr. Ahmad Emami MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 10 reviews

no change

April 12th, 2015
I came to Dr. Emami on a referral and will definitely be looking for a new doctor. He does not show any concern for my wellbeing, and makes me feel like I don't know my own signs and symptoms. He seems so annoyed everytime I see him, like I'm wasting his time. Going to the doctor is supposed to make you feel better, not like you're burdening someone.

November 28th, 2012
Horrible Doctor
My wife and I have been seeing this doctor for about a year now and it's always the same diagnose no matter what symptoms we have. He always says thats its allergies and prescribes a nose spay. We have over 9 bottles of useless nose spray and we never get better. My wife finally had enough and went to see a different doctor. She found out that she has had a very bad sinus infection this entire time and her current doctor couldn't believe that this was missed. Needless to say, I just experienced the very same thing. Horrible and rude staff. My wait time last Sunday was 2 hours and 50 minutes when there were only 5 patients in the waiting room including myself. This whole place is a scam. You always have to pay a co-pay for everything. If you want results from a blood test, refills, etc. He is getting some sort of kick back for the nose sprays he prescribes because our pharmacist made a joke about how every patient of Dr. Emami's gets prescribed a nose spray. Shame on him and his staff.

June 11th, 2012
I would recommend Dr Emami to friends and family.the staff is wonderful very kind and helpful.the wait time is from 10-15 min wait and very clean office.Dr Emami seems to just focus on you. Emami also dose follow up appointments to see how you are doing.Thank you Dr Emami and staff .

February 17th, 2011
Poor communication
My family and I were patients for many years, until I finally got fed up with being gouged.I waited at least an hour after scheduled appt. time. Actual amount of time DR. spends in appt. has steadily gone down. DR. gets frustrated with too many questions, needs to rush to next appt. I was prescribed costly meds and tests without considering the overall costs.He did not check to see what my insurance would cover and what it wouldn't. He recommended a Hep shot which he said would not be too costly. Ended up being a 3 shot process, had to come in and pay each time for office visit, cost me $450 after 2 shots. Needless to say, i won't be going back for a third.

February 13th, 2011
Thorough & Professional
I am 54 years old, and Dr Emami has been my primary care physician for the last 4 years. During that time I have seen him an average of 3 to 4 times a year. On those occasions, I have been more than satisfied with the care and personal service provided. Dr Emami is knowledgeable and professional, and patiently explains a given diagnosis and the appropriate course of treatment. Morevover, the ease of scheduling a prompt appointment is an added bonus; the office staff will go the extra mile to fit you in. I look forward to keeping Dr Emami as my primary care physician for the long term.

February 8th, 2011
If there were a negative star, I would have chosen it instead of a single star. I went to Dr. Emami on a referral...but thankfully it wasn't a friend who referred him, or I would have to have a serious talk with said friend on why they thought he was so good. I have been in pain for over a month, and was hoping to finally get some answers. After taking a test to see if a particular issue could be causing my symptoms, I waited a week, but no phone call, no letter, NOTHING. I called Dr. Emami's office to see if the results had come in from my test, but was told I could not be given the results over the phone, and would have to come in the office. I was never informed of this prodicale during my visit, and the dr. as well as the staff was aware I live over 40 min. from the office. Had I known this was the prodicaI, I would have chosen another dr. I have always been given my results over the phone, and in a timely manner...I have never waited a week for test results! Of a far greater offense in my opinion, I was never called to even make an appt. to come in for my results...when were they planning on letting me know! The staff was friendly prior to my visit, but on the day I called, they were anything but professional! I was put on hold more times than I was spoken to, hung up on, disconnected at least 3 times. Exasperated, frustrated, and by this point, in tears, I called the facility where I had my test taken, and the person I spoke to was so kind, and sympathetic. I was told by this individual that I had every right to get my test results the minute they became available, and she sent the results directly to me, and to another physician whom my sister works for out of the area I live in, but at least she is willing to help me...unlike Dr. Emami. My recommendation...ZERO STARS!!!!

May 24th, 2010
Terrible, terrible
Loves prescribing unnecessary medication and performing needless "treatments". Really good at screwing up the billing.

May 14th, 2010
This is this worst Doctor I have ever had! He misdiagnosed my husband 1 1/2 ago and find his bedside manner horrible and follow-up of tests horrible. I had blood work done on Wed. and still have not heard back from his office with results. I called for test results of an ultra sound and had to demand that they be looked at the same day that they were rec'd. Needless to say my husband and I will be looking for a new doctor.

January 23rd, 2010
Dr. Emami is the most thorough doctor I've ever encountered. My first visit was over an hour long, as he took an extensive history and gave me a complete exam. He has a wealth of knowledge, is not condescending in his manner, and has a geniune bed-side manner rarely found in doctors anymore. I've recommended him to several of my co-workers and countless friends.

April 20th, 2009
Jump the gun.
I hate this guy. He reported me to the DMV for "lapse of consciousness" after seeing me one time. Jerk.