Dr. Ahmad Nassr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 20th, 2017
Superior
I Iive in the Chicago area and pre surgery saw Doctors, both Neuro and Ortho, at Northwestern, Rush Pres and two other hospitals. Each Dr had a DIFFERENT approach to my surgery so I made an appointment at Mayo. I credit Dr Nassr for being patient and honest with me. I had a C2 to T3 fusion. Now, 1 1/2 years later, I am basically pain free, have no chronic pain, and can do 90% of my daily living activities. Dr. Nassr thoroughly review my medical background, sent me to various Mayo Physicians for pre and post surgical eval and care. So very thankful for the thorough and holistic medical care I received. I would highly and confidently recommend Dr Nassr .

March 28th, 2014
Read the last review from Feb of this year, we found him to be the same way
Past reviews have him rated as top guy---but read them as years have gone by and they are on a downward trend. Nice guy, but he has over played his hand--strikes me as being over worked and on the way to being a burn out.

February 2nd, 2013
Cross country feeling empty
My husband has suffered chronic back and neck pain for years. We have heard such great things about the Mayo clinic that we booked a flight as soon as we got an appointment. We were impressed with the whole place, the people and the ease of getting from one place to the next. When we got to Nassr's office we waited about 10 minutes outside and about 15 minutes inside. His partner came in and listened to part of our story, did a quick assessment of reflexes and then left. About 15 min passed and Nassr came in asked a few questions, squeezed my husband's hands, checked reflexes and said surgery won't help you, You need to change your pain meds. He never once showed us MRI test results, or X-rays. We sat there is shock as I asked what we could do to help my husband and he had no answers, other than change your meds! We had sent all our medical reports and scans from our home town months prior. This doctor could have just said based on your charts, I can't help you here. It would have saved me thousands, but I guess it put a little extra on HiIS paycheck. I would not refer him to anyone unless you KNOW you need surgery because it seems people like him for that, but if you aren't sure, he has no answers outside his speciality.

August 23rd, 2012
Excellent, caring surgeon. Treats patients as they are intelligent equals. He is confident, but not pompous. In my case, he went the full nine yards and did a surgery that other surgeons usually don't do because it's painful and requires alot of follw-up. His reasoning was that he'd want the operation for himself, so why would he treat his patient differently than he would want to be treated. I'd recommend him to anyone.

September 4th, 2011
Spine pain, no more...
Well, I must have slipped one of my spinal discs and/or pulled a muscle in my lower back. At least, this is what I 'thought'. After Dr. Nassr performed a series of tests on my back, he confidently assessed my condition and prescribe me with medication and rehabilitation therapy. I was back to work in under a week! Thanks Doc...

July 31st, 2010
Nutrition manager
Very knowledge doctor. Very caring. Truthful in his diagnosis. Excellent spine surgeon. Gets appreciated by every patient I know who saw him.

July 4th, 2017