Dr. Ahmad Shikhtholth MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 10 reviews

February 5th, 2017
Always a long wait and very uncaring Dr
I have been going here almost 5 years. During the first couple years my pain was moderately being controlled. This Dr has made me feel like he doesn't care at all about my pain especially since my insurance changed. He doesn't like if you refuse those injections Also. They do not help. Only makes me feel a little numb for a day or so. Because my insurance changed I could not pay over 400$ a month on an extended release drug he prescribed. The nurse had called me and just increased my pain meds to 4 a day. I've been back twice since this and has not offered anything else and then starts decreasing my other pain meds. I have a lot going on with my back and have been in a lot of pain. I understand the dea coming down on prescribing pain meds but the majority of ppl that goes are in pretty moderate pain. If he can't help ppl with what his job is then i would suggest he find a nother occupation. Don't make your patients feel you think of them as a pill head, belittle them after waiting 3 hours to see you. I pray that he doesn't have to feel the pain I feel on a daily basis. I have become very frustrated with Drs that are only in it for the money instead of actually caring for their patients. He is a not so reliable Dr and will put you on something then jerk you off of it in one visit. I'm disgusted with Drs that do this. I would not recommend this Dr for long term pain management!!!!

September 14th, 2016
Do not go to him
I have used him for quite some time. He had appeared to be doing well, my pain was moderately controlled. He obviously is being watched by governing officials for what he prescribes and leaves his patients hanging and cuts them off. I should have reported him. As a humane doctor, you titrate. My dose was lowered, and had the most horrible weekend of my life in pain. I did not go to the ER as that is a lot $$ wise. I looked for anything. Found some old per he prescribed. Next visit, He decides to not see me again for taking something HE HIMSELF prescribed when I was in excruating pain. If you are a new patient; he will treat you well for the first year or two but be warned.

July 15th, 2016
You don't want this doctor for pain
All this doctor cares about is money. I was a patient of his for 4 years. I did everything I was told to do. I NEVER fail a drug test yet I was discharged from his practice for asking questions about my treatment. I wanted to know why he waited almost 4 years before trying physical therapy for my pain. My new RA doctor started me off with that first. After 3 rounds of unsuccessful nerve blocks each year my insurance would not pay for anymore. I brought up the physical therapy my new RA doctor started me on and next thing I know I am getting a discharge letter. It cites not being able to meet my treatment expectations and a failed opioid treatment trial. I have moved on to a better doctor

June 25th, 2016
Greatruly patient
Very friendly staff and caring Doctor.

May 4th, 2016
I'VE BEEN TO MANY PAIN DOCTOR'S SINCE 1987. I'VE HAD 17 SURG. I'VE GOT PLATES AND SCREWS FROM HEAD TO TOE. I HATE IT WHEN A PAIN DR.TRIES TO ACT LIKE A ORTHOPAEDIC OR NERO SURGEON.HE HAS NO IDEA OF PAIN. I WISH HE COULD FEEL MINE FOR A DAY. HE'D BE A BETTER DR. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A DR FOR PAIN I'D ADVISE ANOTHER DR. HE'S JUST THERE TO COLLECT MONEY FROM INSURANCE.

October 1st, 2015
Horrible excuse for a physician, steer clear of this imbecile !!

March 17th, 2014
Unprofessionalism
After being in his practice for several years and having no failed drug screens, I was discharged from the practice by a nurse. He didn't even have the decency to talk with me. I have never taken anything except my prescriptions from his office and he wouldn't even discuss it with me. I felt like a criminal walking out. I believe that it was all done to exit me from his practice because he wasn't helping me anymore. Good riddance!

August 12th, 2013
Lack of courtesy and failure to discuss discharge reasoning
From the beginning, I recommended Dr. Shikh to physicians and patients; he was courteous and compassionate. I met all appointments and, if I had been to the ER or hospitalized and received medications, I brought supportive paperwork. To my knowledge, I did not fail any lab work until this past July: I was clearly stunned and denied violating any prescription rules. Suddenly, the friendliness and consideration of all but one staff member disappeared! The CRNP excused herself and returned with a letter of discharge from Dr. Shikh's practice. I was fully aware of the program stipulations and did my best to abide by the charter! The only substance I swallowed was 2 Tylenol received by an acquaintance; I did not see her get the pills for me, yet obviously trusted her. My appointment for that day had been scheduled for 3 months: It isn't practical to be on schedule for that length of time, knowing that a specimen might be drawn, and take an unauthorized medication that will surely be revealed in the specimen! Not only failing the test proved humiliating, but having been under the care of a physician for approximately 3 years, without other screening failures, the least Dr. Shikh could have done was to have discharged me himself: Or, with the consideration that this was my first specimen fail, a second chance was warranted! I do not know anything I might have done differently to avoid this incident, but, I do know that it is apparent that there are physicians practicing without consideration and compassion! As for the one kindness, thanks Sherry for the lollipop!!!

May 4th, 2010
To many things wrong to list here.

August 14th, 2008
I worked in my flower garden this year, first time in two years.
The cauldle cath. injection I received from this Doctor was most likely one of the more helpful of injections that I have received in the past 5years. I was with another pain clinic, and only changed due to time travel, and in doing so found a wonderful specialist. I know each person is unique and all respond to the procedures differently, yet I am very please with my results. I know of several other patients who have stated the same while sitting in the waiting area. The staff is caring and continuing their education yearly. I asked him multiple question upon my first appointment, and he answered them completely to my satisfaction. He took the time to see that I was comfortable in a new practice, and I have no one who I would not refer to him if they are in Pain. If the Patient is willing and trying to do their part, I believe this Doctor can help you. Remember it alway takes a team with chronic pain.. You, the Doctor, staff, hospital, and diligence to improve, but as stated above, give him a try..