Dr. Ahmed Abouesh Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Ahmed Abouesh?

April 11th, 2016

Doesn't listen to you, makes a snap decision and is then completely inflexible and very rude if you disagree or ask questions. On the plus side, the wait was short.

August 21st, 2015

avoid if you are truly concerned for your sanity

I saw the nurse practitioner at this location for several years with overall satisfactory results before they switched me over to Mr. Abouesh for insurance/whatever reasons. I was having a horrendous relapse and needed to start fresh on a new medication(s). Though I only saw him a handful of times, I always left each questionably brief appointment feeling awful and I dreaded going back. I got nothing but bad vibes from him and all the other unhappy reviews really hit the nail on head regarding Mr. Abouesh's demeanor and practice. If you're at the end of your rope, this guy might just drip hot oil on it instead of helping you start the climb back up.

June 26th, 2015

Monitor Technician

Dr. Abouesh is a great physician who took the time, knew what I needed which helped support me through a difficult time in my life. I am very greatful!

February 8th, 2015

Not impressed--only one star cause none wasn't allowed

Not impressed, very disappointed. I am going elsewhere. I started with a FNP, then he stopped taking my insurance--no one sent me a courtesy notice or nothing!!...so then I was put with another psych. who I saw one time then was told he was no longer there--again no call or notice, finally I was put with Abouesh. If I was not in a stable healthy state, his remarks, and condescending comments would have deteriorated my condition and willingness to get help formyself. I've been doing well thanks to early diagnosis, meds-compliance, and my desire to function in America lol!!! I thought wow how would someone straight out of the psych ward feel?? I know a lot of the clinicians there are far more respected than he is. I chose to take my $, time, and road to recovery else where. I was referred there by someone who thought highly of him...well he must be selective or something. Horrible.

April 19th, 2014

Won't go back!

I have never been treated so rudely by a Doctor and his receptionist is just as bad! I walked in his Yuba City office as a new patient and the receptionist treated me so bad an argued with me. When I finally met him he wouldn't listen and even took a personal call from his cell phone! He immediately told me I was depressed and needed meds. What a jerk, so unprofessional! Stay away from this office!

December 18th, 2013

Look For Other Options

He cancels sessions without warning, even to patients who have important, distressing conditions to report. He does not assign a back-up Dr.s, or therapeutic explanation, nor even the common courtesy to explain why. A straightforward manner is admirable: a Doctor unwilling to spend time listening respectfully to patients is not. Don't take prescriptions from this man without doing research and seeking a compassionate second opinion. If you are already in distress- be careful and alert.

November 22nd, 2013

Absolute Pompous Pri*k

If you are in any kind of weakend mental state he could be potentially damaging. Wooooow....no bedside manner whatsoever. Don't be surprised if, after knowing you for about 10 minutes, he throws around assumptions, misdiagnoses, and complete fallacies. Only kind thing I can say is about his therapists and staff in the programs if you so choose to enter.

October 20th, 2013

HORRIBLE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL

This guy is a JOKE! All he cares about is money. He doesn't take care of his patients as promised. His "facility" Therapeutic Solutions has some great people, like their group therapists, however, don't get comfortable with them once they allow you the family therapy. He yanks them from you after you "graduate" the program and you can't continue your care. He sets you up to fail after the insurance feels like you're "done". If you can find a different psychiatrist, I HIGHLY suggest that you do! RUN, FAST and far far away from this guy. In my opinion, he doesn't deserve the degree he has! I only gave ONE Star because I HAD to give him a rating and they don't have negative stars!

September 20th, 2013

Current Patient (4 years with Abouesh)

Dr. Abouesh is very knowledgeable and professional with me. Some of my meeting with him are brief but I have never felt rushed or that I needed more time. He has helped me with the medication side of managing a serious mental illness. I have been through the outpatient program as well (the only one in town). I needed the kind of care that is offered through that program. Without it, I probably would have been hospitalized.

April 16th, 2013

Be very wary of this man...a doctor he is not! At my most weakest, vulnerable time this doctor had my life in his hands only to destroy it further. Meds that he prescribed to me had horrible side affects- HAIR LOSS - which furthered my low self esteem issues. After questioning him about the side affects, he talked me into continuing ( made my feel very small questioning his superior "authority")... Stupid stupid i know, I just wanted to get better! I eventually stopped but now have BALD PATCHES on my head from the Depokote that wont grow back! Please please please dont go to him!

September 13th, 2012

What a Joke. DO NOT EVER give this man a dime or his time.

I have seen several professionals in the field of psychology and psychiatry. However, I have NEVER been treated so horribly and judged so intensely as i was by Abouesh. This man had diagnosed me with severe depression within 5 min of meeting me. He said he noticed i was resting my head in my hands in the waiting room. I had a neck injury & have a very weak neck, I was not soaking in sorrow. I went to see him for ADHD, which I have previously been diagnosed with, after 5 min he tried to put me on depression meds. He said "you are obviously miserable." What kind of health professional says that!?!?! I never mentioned being miserable. I mentioned having a hard time focusing, which apparently is caused by my "severe depression." He was just looking for an excuse to continue treatment and take advantage of me, like many of his other patients. At one point, he asked how i felt about his suggestion to take depression meds, & i expressed concern. He replied with "I am the professional, remember? That is why you are paying me" as he laughed- completely demon-like. His persona is straight out of a kooky movie about psychiatrists. Terrible diagnostic abilities, terrible attitude, totally pompous, degrading, & condescending. I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to being "treated" by this man. He needs to have his license revoked for being completely inappropriate and unprofessional. What an embarrassment to the field of psychology.

August 17th, 2012

Great Staff, Jerk Doc

I went in seeking treatment under new insurance for a pre-diagnosed treatment, and he basically said that 3 psychiatrists and 20 years of treatment were crap, my blood tests which showed chemical abnormalities which resulted in depression were crap, and that the crux of the problem is that I am female and all females are over emotional. He then suggested that I grow up and "get over it," and made some comments that suggested I might have deserved the trauma I'd suffered as a child. This was "Doctor" Abouesh, not anyone else.