A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ahmed Kawji:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ahmed Kawji is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ahmed Kawji, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Color Vision Defects
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Epiretinal Membrane
- Eye Abnormalities
- Eye Cancer (Retinal Neoplasm)
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Edema
- Ocular Hypertension
- Ocular Hypotension
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Detachment surgery (Scleral Buckling)
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Vitreous Detachment (Retina Detachment)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kawji graduated from University Of Aleppo. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kawji has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Riverside Community Hospital
- University of Virginia Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ahmed Shahem Kawji MD is a male Internist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Ahmed S. Kawji practice?
- Dr. Ahmed Kawji has 13 office locations.
Dr. Ahmed Kawji practices Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology near Charlottesville, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Newport Beach, CA and Riverside, CA.
See Charlottesville Internists and Charlottesville Ophthalmologists.