Dr. Ahmed Kemmou Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ahmed Kemmou?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Ahmed Kemmou?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 28th, 2017

Not good

I elected for an inguinal hernia repair, having a reducible and moderate bulge. Even though I had no symptoms on the other side(repaired at infancy), the doctor said I needed both sides done. After surgery at the first post-op office visit, I asked if the bulge(now about half what it was before surgery) would go away. The doctor said "yes". The bulge never went away, and at the second post-op office visit, the doctor confided "It's hard to get it all back in." That is a direct verbatim quote, and while the shock(of my surgery apparently not being entirely successful) set it, he left the room before I could respond. I had a second post-op opinion from a general surgeon, who also informed me(after hearing my history and lack of any hernia symptoms on my other side), informed me that Dr. Kemmou "probably said you needed that to double the fee." I endured some minor discomfort for several years, in addition to the bulge, which at the very least I consider a "cosmetic failure"(not that my crotch gets shown around much lately), and elected to have it repaired again. I am totally happy with the new repair, and the new surgeon. No bulge whatsoever. I should ad, in fairness, that the first surgery was laparoscopic, the second surgery open. Meaning that it may indeed be a bit more difficult in some instances with the former to "get it all back in."

February 17th, 2016

Would return and recommend to others seeking treatment.

March 21st, 2014

Very good experience

Took almost a month to get in but glad l waited. Staff very courteous & friendly. Dr. took the time to explain to my husband and myself what he would do and after surgery what he did and also what my recovery would entail. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

December 5th, 2013

Worst Dr. appointment ever

It was a month before i could see the doctor. The day of my appointment i went in and Aveda which is the receptionist told me that i had to come back another day. That the doctor was in surgery so I refused to come back another day and i had to wait for 2 hours before i was seen when all along the doctor was in the back of the office. So I seen the doctor and may i say he is a good surgeon. He did me surgery the very next day and told me to return in a week for my results. So the week came and i went in for my appointment was at 3:30pm so I checked in early and was waiting people that came in after me were getting called and Im still waiting may i add its already been half hour later. So I get up and tell aveda what was going on? Aveda said oh your next Im still waiting and other people were getting called before me now its been an hour that Im still waiting. People are also coming in for their appointment and are getting turned away its been like four people she did that to so this one lady walks in with a Starbucks coffee and she puts her on the list to be seen. So now its almost 5pm and Im still waiting to see Dr.kemmou but now i have to come back another day because he left to do surgery. I call and make a complain and want to talk with Dr.kemmou to get my test results which some other lady calls me and doesnt give me the information i want to know. She told me Dr.kemmou cant talk with me because he's busy. Now Im left without knowing if i have breast cancer or just fluid in my breast.

July 25th, 2013

Unprofessional Staff

The doctor is good but staff is very unprofessional. It is all about money.

February 16th, 2013

Dr. Kemmou is very kind, understanding, and patient. I went there with gallbladder stones, and i needed an appointment asap because i couldn't no longer take it. He understood, and scheduled surgery the next day. He even went out of his way to get me in during a day that he didnt perform surgery. I totally recommend him! he is awesome!

January 20th, 2011

Kind and Gentle Doctor

Last week I had a surgery performed by Dr. Kemmou. He was very kind and patient and answered all my questions before operation.On the day of surgery all the staff members at the hospital were exceptionally kind and encouraging. I was amazed at seeing so many kind people at the same place. A week later I visited him for an after operation consultation and he was very kind and patient and explained me the procedure. He has been very open and patient during my interaction with him. I highly rate and recommend him.

July 4th, 2010

misdiagnosis put mesh patch that was recalled by the FDA now I must have another surgery to remove mesh patches.

March 6th, 2017