Dr. Ahmed Shahab-Uddin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 10th, 2016
AWESOME DR.
Thanks you Dr Shahab. :-) my kids are grown now. You are 1#. My youngest is 17 now. Thanks for your kindness.

February 6th, 2016
Court appointed caregiver
I had reservations about this MD, but once I saw my grandchildren's response to him my mind was changed. He has a wonderful bedside manner which all 3 respond to. His explanations of disease process and reasoning behind his decisions on treatment are spot on. We need more Doc's like him.

April 1st, 2015
Love this doctor....He been my children pediatrician since I had my first child 12 yrs ago..I wouldn't have no one else care for children....Team Dr. SHAHAB

May 20th, 2013
My son was seen here for the first time on Friday. He was very friendly and knowledgable in what he was doing. Very easy to talk to and answered any questions I had, and surprisingly... my son REALLY liked him. What kid likes going to the doctor? Not many.He was great and I will be returning to him.

February 17th, 2012
Rushed and rude staff
We saw Dr. Shahab until our newborn was 6 months and enough was enough. While he was convienant to where we live, he spent literally less than 2 minutes in the room with us. The whole process was rushed. The receptionist was always unfriendly and I always doing her a favor. The only highlight was that the nurse we always saw was very nice and personable. There are better options!

October 7th, 2009
Sad but True : After 33 yrs - Final Straw- Enough is Enough
Last 3 experiences with Dr's and/or office staff enough to end 33yr relationship- Final Straw!I originally became a patient myself to the practice 33yrs ago w/Dr.Shindler. I also made him childrens pediatrician as well. I stayed loyal throughout Dr.Shindler's retirement, through all the office relocations, staff changes and adjustments. Yet, the office staff continues to become worse. It used to be the same friendly faces each time you went to the Dr. now there is a different face and they are always mad. The last 2 times I needed the Dr. paged it took 3 or 4 times to receive a call back. The last time I needed an appt. I was told I had to wait until the next day and ended up in an argument with the nurse before the Dr. would see us. More recently, we were told the flu shot was not available if we had Medicaid as insurance but if we had private insurance the flu shot was available. I'm finished with this office-Enough is Enough. If Dr. Shindler is out there, you're still the best. I know how a Dr's office should be ran because of you, you are loved and greatly missed!!!

July 20th, 2009
colonial heights pediatrics recommended
the new office looks great and is a friendly inviting environment for kids. dr shahab is great with kids as well and is a very helpful physician

January 7th, 2009
Felt like I was rushed. He didn't answer all of my questions and the diagnosis always seemed to be the same. Staff were curt and seemed to ignore the patients in the waiting room. He seemed to be overbooked. Couldn't get an emergency appt w/ his patner b/c Shahab doesn't allow his partner to see his patients. I found him to be selfish in his business.