A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ahmet Gurakar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ahmet Gurakar is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gurakar
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Gurakar Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gurakar graduated from Istanbul Universitesi, Cerrahpasa.
Dr. Gurakar has 4 hospital affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ahmet Omur Gurakar MD is a male Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Where does Dr. Ahmet O. Gurakar practice?
- Dr. Ahmet Gurakar has 1 office location.
Dr. Ahmet Gurakar practices Gastroenterology and Hepatology near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Gastroenterologists and Baltimore Hepatologists.