Internists, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)
Video profile
42 E Laurel Rd
Ste 1800
Stratford, NJ 08084
856-566-6843
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  Beware of This Doctor and His Office Staff!  |  show details
by Concerned for Mom's Care on Aug 25th, 2014

(Used Turnersville location for home care) The care this doctor showed towards my 83 yr old mother was terrible. His office manager, Heather, was absolutely the most unprofessional, vindictive, "little baby" I've ever dealt with. Trying to schedule appointments was a nightmare for this doctor's office. To have the Dr. or his staff (Nurse Practitioner) to show up at our home was like pulling teeth. We would be given a four hour open window as to the time of arrival, we were made to wait six to eight hours before someone came, if at all! The doctor and his staff are totally disorganized causing several issues with the care of my mother. Heather would tell you one thing, Dr. Abdulghani, would tell you something else. Everytime, I would call the office to schedule an appointment, I would have to leave v. m and would have to follow up on that v.m. at least four times before an appointment could be scheduled, a prescription written or renewed, everything required at least five phone calls before the issue at hand was temporarily resolved. The last and final time dealing with this unprofessional doctor's office, my mom was just released from the hospital and having complications. The appointment was scheduled, after two days and five follow up phone calls to Heather, then no one showed up. When I followed up as to why no one showed, I was told the nursing staff issued by the hospital (Bayada) to take my mom's vitals was "sufficient in our opinion, doesn't require additional care from the doctor". Bayada, are the ones who told us to contact her doctor due to her complications! Furthermore, Bayada had no communication with the doctor at all. The hospital my mom went to, the Dr. didn't have privileges. Bayada was reporting to a Hospitalist who wrote the script for nursing care after my mom came home. No one called from Dr. Abdulghani's office to inform us no one would be coming, and no one told us after the appointment was made, the office manager, Heather, decided to cancel the appointment for the aforementioned reasons above! The evening of the appointment that was missed, I spoke to Dr. Abdulghani, to explain the situation. He said, "Let me find out what's going on. I'm at a medical conference and not in the area". Dr Abdulghani, never called back or followed up with me after this incident at all. Luckily, the R.N., from Bayada gave us a referral to another home care doctor's office after they witnessed the unprofessional way my mom was cared for. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!! If you care about your elderly parents, don't utilize this doctor or his staff. One of the most incompetent and unprofessional doctor's office's I've had experience with. These are terrible people to deal with elderly. Obviously, four office locations and a home care unit that goes all the way to Atlantic County is way too much for this Dr. to handle. Find other home care doctor's that are not just out to make money and truly will care for your elderly parent or parents.

|  Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, is a prescription to an unhealthy life  |  show details
by Joe L. on Dec 22nd, 2013

I did like that Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, came to my Mom's apartment building for her treatment. Thats where the compliments end for Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD,. He allowed himself to be manipulated by Mother to get narcotics and drug after drug. Since being treated by Dr. Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, My mother has been to the hospital for drug overdose and kidney failure. The best part is Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, won't return our phone calls. Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, is without one of the worst doctors. I don't understand if Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, thinks he is being helpful by placating his patients or taking in extra monies from the drug companies for prescribing to my mother over 20 medications. Today I have the horrible honor of taking my mother out of the hospital and putting her in a drug rehab. Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD, took my mother under his care for 5 years. In that time she has been consistently hospitalized year after year, had 2 heart attacks, kidney failure, submitted to drug rehab and admitted to the hospital for being in a delirious state. My mother's health has only deteriorated under Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD care. By the way, we have still not heard back from Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD office. Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD is not a Doctor that cares about the long term health of his patients. As I wait for my Mother to be discharged from the hospital for the several time this year, I can't help but feel angry about how Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD has been a part of enabling my Mother's health fall into such disarray. Tomorrow I will take her to the drug rehab and I am sure Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD office will not follow up, as they have not done so previously. So if you are looking for a prescription to an unhealthy life, then Ahsan A Abdulghani, MD may be the right doctor for you. If you are looking to get better, you may want to keep looking. Good luck and good health, Joe L.