Dr. Aida Cuascut-Reyes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 8 reviews

February 23rd, 2015
clinical social worker
It seems likely that Dr. Cuascut-Reyes may have closed her practice. I know she wasn't taking new patients when I was with her. I have been her patient and feel I should have been notified. Over a 3 week period, my pharmacy called to obtain refill permission. I also called during that time. I knew she only works 2 days a week, which is fine if there is some response on those days or a back-up plan for patient's to reach her. I understand that all of us at some point in time have family emergencies and vacations, but not having directed anyone to respond to messages from pharmacy or to patient is irresponsible. During the 2 years that I worked with Dr. Cuascut-Reyes, she was medically sharp and compassionate. I find it unfortunate that I had to locate a new physician due to her office practices which did not respond to medication refill query within a reasonable amount of time. It takes time to schedule with a new provider and if one is without maintenance medications that period can impact personal health. I wish to give her the benefit of the doubt but have also experienced considerable frustration as a result of poor office communications.

September 26th, 2013
horrible
THe Dr is a nice lady, her staff ( medical assistant or other) is UNEXISTANT (at least at the time I was there )don't you dare going there with kids because they are in great danger sharps containers are there with wide openings ready for somebody to get stabbed with only god knows what in which is described as the treatment area that is actually opened to whoever enters the office and it pretty much looks like a waiting room ( unfortunate that no one says that because you enter the office to hear about all the ongoings of everybody elses health, after all a one person staffed office there is not much of a choice , well on the second opportunity I went there was an office manager). there is nothing I would recommend from this lady. I did not like her office at all.

June 11th, 2013
She saved my family!One of the best people you will ever meet!
Title sums it up. I'm writing this in tears. What sets her apart from other doctors is that she's the kindest doctor that not only has the knowledge but SHE CARES. My father was misdiagnosed by another doctor for tuberculosis, a disease that he does not have. That doctor ordered treatment for him for months. We as a family was devastated, We went to Dr Reyes for a second opinion, she ordered chest X-ray with very specific prescription of findings, it turned out my dad does not have what the other doctor diagnosed, She was so prompt and accurate, she was able to squeeze us in for the appointment the day we called, when we got there and explained the situation, she immediately ordered X-ray and had the result read 2 hours later, so from the time of checking and diagnosis only took a few hours, we walked out the door with my father's clean bill of health. She treats her patients so exceptionally. We had spent quite a bit financially from the previous misdiagnosis, she saw that and cut off quite a bit for our expenses with her, something most doctors would never do or offer. We didn't feel we were patients, she's just someone so approachable as a person. We got to know that she is Christian and she took in a 14 year old she didn't know and raised him like her own child, that tells you what kind of person she is. Good doctors are so hard to find these days and she's way too much better than "good", I still can't believe how lucky we are to find her and meet with her. She's one of the best people you will ever meet, not just as a doctor but as a human being, you have to see to believe! She's a diamond!

April 14th, 2012
Really good
It takes time to get use to Dr Reyes. She seems scattered a bit but once you get to know her you see how incredibly brilliant she is. She spends alot of time with you and goes into health like no conventional doctor would ever do and knows in depth how the body at the cell level works especially when it comes to blood / liver / heart etc.... I love her and she was instrumental in diagnosing something in me other doctors missed for years. She is the way to go and she is her best when she treats you holistically.

July 16th, 2011
Responding to the comment "I believe she is a scam!!" First, she's a certified doctor and the nurse should have taken your blood pressure. I have been going to her office to get treatments. She's a very kind doctor and informational. A couple years ago when the hurricane hit central florida, she went to help the medically needy, so before you said anything bad about a person, think twice.

November 7th, 2010
an excellent physician
I would choose her over most other doctors. She is a certified MD that will give you the options to treat your illness with traditional therapies or alternative therapies.

October 7th, 2010
Rough around the edges, but...
I had to get past my first impression of the office environment which appears to be very informal and their lack of procedure in the office. Note, I am one of the patients every doc gets put on alert about. You can't push me around nor give me the quick I am too important of a doc brush off. I get what I pay for and now am an alternative medicine patient advocate! So once I met with her (for two hours!) I began to understand why the waiting time, cuz she gets so involved with her current patient. Eccentric she is, yes, but she did NOT get a thumbs down for this one visit so far. The thumbs up requires multiple visits and a positive treatment results, which takes time. I did appreciate her bedside manners and caring and exploratory thoughts on the possible issues and potential diagnoses. There were some aha moments thru our discussions. I mean most docs just say, hmmm, lets do blood work and then say "you got to lose weight and take these pills"! All this in under 10 minutes. See you in two weeks, which you never do cuz you didn't lose that weight!" Well, only time will tell on future ratings!

May 6th, 2008
I believe she is a scam!!
She didn't even know how to use the machine to take my blood pressure.