Dr. Aiden Orourke MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Taos, NM

December 22nd, 2015
I would like to get dr. ORourke operating room on my left breast in 2011.

March 29th, 2012
Knowing I had appendicitis, he left it in and it RUPTURED!
I first must say that he is a very nice, polite guy but... An ER CT scan on a Friday showed I have an ovarian cyst and may have appendicitis, O'Rourke was consulted, and he recommended sending me home for 24 hrs. Saturday: admitted into hospital, O'Rourke wants to consult an OBGYN and proceed with the surgery first thing Sunday morning. Sunday morning, O'Rourke's a no show but pops in late that afternoon after the OBGYN to say "go home and follow up with me in 6 weeks" but didn't put it in my chart so I couldn't leave. Monday: still in pain, nurse informs him, O'Rourke to show up around 4pm... no show but around 6pm says to nurse "I'll see her sometime before 10am tomorrow".I got fed up, simply walked out and went to another hospital where they removed my appendix and it turned out it had RUPTURED. Had I listened to or waited for O'Rourke I would've been severely infected or dead. I've heard he is a wonderful surgeon and understand that he has to deal with life and death surgeries as soon as they come in. But my own personal experience with him makes me wonder how many times has he actually made such deadly decisions for his own patients.

May 31st, 2011
I had to search far and wide to find Dr. ORourke. He has a wonderful manner. Very patient answers all questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs general surgery.