Dr. Aimar Mack MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Conway, SC

3.8

February 22nd, 2017
Horrible
I went there for my first and last appointment. Dr. Mack is one of the rudest doctors I have ever seen. She never asked what my symptoms were, looked at my labs and said I was fine. Then told me I need my thyroid out. Without a biopsy?? Why would I do that if my thyroid isn't causing symptoms? Staff was rude and made me feel like they were doing me a favor by checking me in.They also don't have a clue about deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses. I don't recommend her at all. I'm going to another doctor next week and I'm hoping I'll have a better experience.

February 20th, 2017
Very Knowledgably in her field , wants you to do what she asks you to do. Only looking out for your best interest.

March 3rd, 2016
Excellent Care Provider
I love Dr Mack. She is very informative and trustworthy. I trust her with every aspect of my health.

August 9th, 2015
In my opinon avoid this doctor if at all possible. Certainly I want to think that she's a good person with good training, yet the consequences of my seeing her for my thyroid cancer continued treatment have caused worry and stress as well as cost me extra money for unnecessary scans, etc. I'm sure she means well but her personality issues can prevent her from communicating in the proper way with patients and may be causing added stress to her nurse. In addition she chose to advise me on a course of treatment based on what insurance companies normally pay rather than even offering the use of thyrogen injections. Had I not already been treated before by other endocrinologists and known the established protocols, I would have continued with her recommendations. How many other people have suffered this? Her nurse called me after my first visit to reprimand me because records from my previous doctors were sent to them rather than to the imaging center. They had been sent there because a substitute worker in Dr. Mack's office instructed them to do so . . I was instructed that I needed to drive 45 minutes to their office and hand-deliver the records. So rather than apologizing for their error, they reprimanded me and expected me to correct their error . . all the while when I was beginning to agonize about the return of my thyroid cancer. I finally asked to speak with the office manager (who is the receptionist and very calm) who offered to mail the records to the imaging center. I felt intimidated by both the nurse and doctor rather than assured of good care in a caring environment. After I complained to the doctor about the nurse's phone call, the doctor just said she was sure she didn't mean it that way rather than apologizing. Just a few simple words like "Sorry for that and it won't happen again" . could have taken care of the stress of the situation and re-established the professional behavior of the practice. Thankfully the nurse did become a little nicer after that but I found it better to use email for communication. By that time I was seeing that the treatment protocol recommended was based, not on my well-being but what they "thought" insurance normally pays. They said I was welcome to pay the costs (estimated at $2000) and file insurance etc myself. Again, had I not known through prior experience, I would have endured 3 to 4 weeks without thyroid meds (which is not easy) and then paid more money for a scan perhaps not even necessary. In my opinion being sick is stressful enough without added stress from a physician's office.

July 10th, 2015
Excellent Medical Provider
I don't understand why there are any complaints about Dr Mack. She is the best endo doctor I ever had. I have diabetes now for over 30 years. She looks out for my best interest. She is well read and well spoken. She knows what she is talking about and effectively communicates her thoughts and concerns about any issue she sees. I would implicitly trust Dr Mack with my life. Dr Mack is also not afraid to discuss and treat any other non endo issue. She spends a lot of time with me and is very thorough. Dr Mack makes going to the doctor a pleasant experience for me. She truly is the best doctor I ever had.

February 20th, 2015
Rev. Dr. Mary Ann Braham
I have been to Dr. Mack several times and find her to be very professional with extensive knowledge in her field. She takes the time to listen and picks up on key information to properly treat my condition. I love her personality and have nothing but praise for her. I highly recommend Dr. Mack to anyone seeking excellent care from an endocrinologist.

September 6th, 2014
DIABETES
DR. MACK DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROFESSIONAL MANNERS AND TREATED ME LIKE I WASN'T IN THE ROOM. CONDESCENDING AND NEVER LOOKED AT ME IN THE EYE. RUDE AND TREATED ME LIKE I WAS TOTALLY STUPID. VERY SORRY AT BLOOD RESULTS AND ONLY SPEAKS WHEN YOU TRY TO ASK A QUESTION. THEN SHE SNAPS AND GIVES YOU THAT ILL LOOK. NEVER WILL I GO BACK.

March 11th, 2014
No compassion
dr mack has no compassion on patients. because I didn't have money to see her for awhile she got mad and refused to see me as a patient its all about money with these doctors. if you don't go reguraly they will refuse you.

January 4th, 2010
Arrogant and condescending
Dr. Mack has the worst bedside manner I have ever witnessed in a professional health setting. SHe was my father's endicrinologist when he was a patient at Mcleod Health. He is 74 years old. She was rude, arrogant and spoke to him like he was five years old. I filed a complaint against her and asked that she not be sent back to his room.