Family Physicians
Sharp Rees-Stealy Med Group
2020 Genesee Ave
San Diego, CA 92123
858-499-2710
Locations and availability (1)

|  show details
by Marco Sanchez on Jan 23rd, 2014

Dr. Lopes is the Best! Has been there for me all the time, no matter what my issues are, I trust her with my life! Oh and someties she will give you Tough Love and get you straight. Marco Sr.- 57 years old

|  Thank you, Dr. Lopes  |  show details
by Boy-Adopted on Jun 20th, 2013

Good people DO exist, and Dr. Aimee Lopes is among the top of that very short list. Intelligent, empathetic, and not to mention, beautiful, are three adjectives that only slightly explain my appointment with Dr. Lopes, today. From her warm greeting, an initial indication of her ability to provide the perfect balance of professional competence and sincere concern for my well-being the entire time we were communicating, to the sense of safety and protection she was able to physically convey at the end of my appointment, I have NEVER had such an uplifting experience as the one I was blessed with today. Thank you, Dr. Lopes. As I write this while tears run down my face, you have simply and profoundly, changed my life, forever.

|  Thank God I found her.  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

I have been with Dr. Lopes for 3 years now and she has changed my life. I hated going to the doctor so much that I just did not go. I suffered from depression and many other things. Dr.Lopes made me feel like I was talking to a woman,not a scary Dr.On my Last visit I was going through a major breakdown and she spent 45 mins. with me.I'm sure this blew her day,and I was worried about that. She just kept telling me,I'm here for you.

|  Personable and knowledgeable  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Dr. Lopes has been my doctor for a number of years, and she provides excellent care. She takes the time to listen to my questions, and we work together for a good care plan. I recommend her highly.

|  show details
Nov 24th, 2011

Dr.Aimee Lopes is a caring doctor who has always shown a very professional demeanor and concern for my well-being. We work as a team to allow for proper treatment of my many health conditions.

|  Self Employe  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

Dr. Lopes is not just a doctor, she is a great friend, as a 53year old men I feel very confertable discussing any of my problems and I mean ANY!!! she will hear me out and help me get over my issues!!Dr. Lopes you are the greatest!!!

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

Dr. Lopes gives the patient all of her attention during the appt. I have never had her refuse a reasonable request for meds, referrals or tests. She is also very, very smart. She is a great choice for well-informed patients.

|  Uncaring  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2010

I've had many negative experiences with Dr. Lopes and am ending my relationship with her after about one year. I wanted to speak with Dr. Lopes in regards to beginning a structured weightloss program, although I only need to lose about 20 lbs. Dr. Lopes had me out the door so fast without answering any of my questions. She basically told me to eat less and exercise more. I didn't go to her for common sense advice!Worst: Dr. Lopes' apathetic response to my symptoms and pain have been disconcerting, especially after hopping between the Emergency and Urgent Care for months. I've had hand pain and numbness for months - even after a nurse recommended that I wear a brace - and all Dr. Lopes recommended was a low dose of ibuprofen. Coupled with pain in my hips and shoulders, and migraines.. As a DO, I was really surprised that medication was her only recommendation. She did not refer for x-rays or to a hand specialist. Her office staff are very sweet and pleasant, but she is definitely lacking in bedside manner and empathy.

|  Very disapointing  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2010

I was very sick a couple days before Christmas with the flue. My husband and baby girl where also sick, making matter's worse. I called doctor lopes office ( she was my primary doctor) I described how i was feeling , fever ETC ( we had been told my daughter had H1N1) and asked for a prescription to be called in or for me to get an appointment. Her staff told me they where closing because of Christmas and they couldn't help me and to go to urgent care. I explained I could barley get out of bed and that I have insurance so I should be able to see a doctor. Not spend money out of my own pocket going to urgent care. I ask for the Dr lopes to call me , she did call me back. She also informed me she could not see me or get me an appointment with anyone else at Sharp office she was located in. She also told me to go to urgent care , her office would be closing. I couldn't believe I had to go to urgent care and pay out of my own money. I had to leave my sick daughter and husband and drive myself to urgent care. I was very disappointed with Dr. Aimee Lopes and her staff. I had also had a check up planned for the end of December and when I missed it they sent me a bill. I have never had that happen at any doctors.I changed doctors right away and would not recommend her.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2008

Dr. Lopes is a pleasure to have as a doctor. I never have a hard time to see her and she never rushes me in and out of her office. She's a great doctor and has a wonderful nurse too!