Ainsworth B Farrell, MD
6850 Tpc Dr
Ste 212
McKinney, TX 75070
214-544-9887
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by Jack Vaughn on Sep 17th, 2014

Dr. does not listen well and has even poorer communication skills. He sometimes almost doesn't seem to understand what he's been told. Office staff is courteous, but not well trained. It's almost as if they are unsure as to what to do unless Dr. tells them. When asked questions, he does not explain very well,; answers are almost unintelligible. His bio indicates extensive training, but does not translate into treatment.

|  show details
Aug 9th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Farrell for a few years now and never had a problem. I have never waited more than five minutes in the waiting room, his staff is excellent, he is always very prompt and very thorough.I would highly recommend him.

|  DO NOT GO HERE!!!!  |  show details
by BEWARE!!! on May 17th, 2013

Worst Dr. experience ever!! I have never written a negative review about a doctor online, but felt compelled after having such a bad experience. The office staff is extremely rude and didn't fill prescriptions after several calls, no follow-up, provided different excuses etc. when inquired, etc. The staff is very incompetence and Dr. requiring costly procedures before treatment or advising what the issues are. I WOULD STAY AWAY AND WISH I CAME ACROSS THIS REVIEW FIRST!!

|  Injection dr who only writes flexeril & bedadryl no narcotics here! To scared!  |  show details
by CINDY on May 9th, 2013

Everyone who is in pain is suffering now thanks to our wonderful president who spent 600 Million of our tax payers money to cut down on narcotics so all dr in tx are cracking down and mostly giving injections! I know 4 doctors who got closed down and moved practice to georgia lol

|  did not take the time to find out the problem  |  show details
by Kelly G. on May 6th, 2013

I went to this dr. after being over-medicated by another dr. After I informed him I had already had 4 injections that did not work, he felt it necessary to give two more injections before trying to figure out what was wrong...even though after mri, ct, and 2 years of therapy from previous dr. was not taken into consideration. Also, he only wanted to inject without giving any management meds (which i need every now and again). bad choice, waste of time and money

|  Lost for words!  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Much to my dismay, I was informed today that the office manager, Cynthia is no longer at the office. This is ridiculous and I am outraged!!! It is very difficult to find office help that was very comforting and most personable. Edith assured me that she could help me to get my procedure scheduled and after four days, I had to call back and I was still not given a date. When I called back she was rude and treated me as if I was a hassle. I will not be going back to this office. I wanted to be treated with the upmost respect and this I can see, I will no longer receive.

|  office horrible  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

His receptionist Cynthia and nurse Edith can be very unprofessional. After calling a total of 8 times over the course of five days, I still had to wait until the next day to even be seen. Then, when I went in, he prescribed things that were expensive and did not help at all for pain. He was very nice but seemed like he did not understand how much pain I was in. I wish I would not have had to switch because that is a nightmare with pain doctors, but I ultimately switched because of his staff

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

Dr. Farrell took his time and listened to what I had to say and explained all my xrays and mri films with me. I never spent this much time with a pain doctor! He also pushed me into doing physical therapy which at first I didn't like, but in the end helped me a great deal. Dr. Farrell is really good and he doesn't push a lot of pain pills on people. I read some of these other reviews and I don't know what their problem is, but Dr. Farrell was kind, professional and very accurate with his diagnosis. I'm soooo much better now and I would (and have) recommended him to my own family members.

|  all he cared was injections  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

the problem is that he can not diagnose. his objective during the visits is how to inject and inject and inject without thorough examination and trying to understand the problem. only when all injections we completed did he try to find what the problem is. going there is a waste of time and you can risk your life with him.

|  Great Doctor and Office Staff  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

First of all, I got in the day I called to make the appointment. Also,I usually have the "white coat" syndrome. This doctor has great bedside manner and that made me feel comfortable. I had a procedure done and my pain is gone!!! His office even called to check on me a few days after my procedure! Great Doctor, Great Staff and finally someone who understands Great Customer "Patient" Service!

|  Beware  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

Dr. failed to provide a thorough exam, just poked both sides of hip, when it hurt just ordered a CT so he could inject. His staff refused to let me talk to the doctor when I had a question after the visit. Staff was rude and failed to listen to what the problem was, just ran mouth. She actually hung up on me!

|  Good Doctor / Unfriendly Front Office  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

Dr. A. Farrell has great bedside manner and doesn't over diagnose his patients unnecessarily. However, his front office staff is unfriendly. My husband went to get himself a cup of complimentary hot chocolate when one of the staff members quizzed him about why he was there. When my husband told her "I'm here with my wife" she wanted to know my name to verify he did not come in off the street to steal their free hot chocolate. It was embarrassing to say the least. Also instead of billing you after your visit they estimate your coinsurance and do not give you clear and adequate billing receipt. But I truly appreciated Dr. Farrell and his care and concern for me as a patient.