A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ajay Kirtane:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ajay Kirtane, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Kirtane graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kirtane has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- Nyack Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kirtane accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 13 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ajay J. Kirtane practice?
Dr. Ajay Kirtane practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Hartsdale, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Cardiologists.