Dr. Ajay Maker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 9th, 2016
mr
I would like to express my best regards to this doctor,he gave me hope where there was darkness,treated me like a human being make me feel he does care,not to mention the great and excellent skills and reputation,he and his father posses,i would recommend him to anyone in a hearth beat !Ayay,if you read this,i thank you from the bottom of my heart! i often think,persons like you are like angels god put to help in adverse situations,,for you and your father i wish you many many blessings! you did a intervention along with you team second to none,i have had no complications to this date,all have been good ,Ayay thank you so much!

July 30th, 2016
Patients daughter
Excellent is not a good enough rating for this extraordinary doctor. He has gone above and beyond treating my mom. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The tumor was localized and therefore retractable. Dr. Maker was meticulous about checking her blood work, having proper CT scans done, and making sure she was not in pain. He saved her life. He removed the tumor and monitored her at the hospital daily. We have had access to Dr.Maker 24/7, if we have a question we would be able to reach him and he would personally call us back. A person is only as good as they are perceived. Every person we have encountered who works with Dr.Maker has had raving reviews about him, they all hold true to this amazing surgeon.

June 24th, 2016
Highly Skilled Surgeon Looks You in the Eye
Dr. Ajay Maker removed a melanoma from my shoulder and some lymph nodes under my arm. He assure me that I am cancer free. When I first met him I was impressed by his professional demeanor and confidence, but what really impressed me was when he settled in to tell me of my problem and his plan on how to treat it. He looked me straight in the eye and gave the impression that he not only knew what he was doing, but that he wanted me to be comfortable and fully informed. After giving me a thorough explanation, he asked if my wife and I had any questions. We did and he answered them thoughtfully. I left the meeting with great confidence. The outpatient surgical procedure was as pain free as I would have hoped. Most discomfort post operation seemed to be the effects of anesthesia. The 2 incisions have healed markedly in the 11 days since surgery. I experienced only minor discomfort from the sites of the incisions. I only required about 3 doses of Advil and no pain pills. All of Dr Maker's team introduced themselves, even the med student. Nurse Nancy is excellent. The receptionists, pre op nurses, recovery room nurses everybody up and down the line was perfect. When my dermatologist, Emily Rubenstein MD, told me I had melanama, she said, "You've got to go to this guy." She was right. I can't recommend Dr. Ajay Maker enough

May 19th, 2016
Dr. Maker is very knowledgeable and helped put my husband at ease regarding his colon cancer diagnosis and upcoming surgery. He spent time reviewing the procedure even embracing face time spent with our daughter in California during the appointments and even morning of surgery. He is a gifted surgeon who helped our family in more ways than he will ever know.

May 18th, 2016
Neuroendocrine Tumor
The discovery and severity of the tumor was a major shock to me. The other amazing thing was the tumor was found while looking for the cause of an increased PSA level. A pivotal factor was my primary physician, Dr Francis Thomas noticing a “shadow” in my ultrasound and referred me to Dr Ajay Maker after viewing results from additional tests she ordered. Dr Maker reviewed my case and graphically described the tumor type, growth direction and other organs involved. It was identified as neuroendocrine roughly the size of baseball with both the spleen and the pancreas involved. The entire spleen and 30% of pancreas the distal end was identified for removal along with the tumor Dr. Maker presented the following options with their pro's and con's: wait and see, monitor the tumor perform a biopsy (which it could result in possible leakage) Surgically remove the tumor and affected areas of the organs: My decision was to have the tumor surgically removed robotically which would yield more short and long term benefits. In addition Dr Maker explained the step by step surgical process of bagging the tumor to reduce the chance of leakage and extraction of the tumor affected areas of the organs. These benefits were: smaller incisions Less muscle cut faster healing & recovery less pain Dr Maker's confidence in his experiences to perform the surgery was a major factor in my decision to have it done robotically. It has been two and a half weeks since the surgery and I am feeling very good with no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Ajay Maker and Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital for their professionalism and quality care to my friends.

May 14th, 2016
Merkel Cell Carcinoma
I was recently referred to Dr Maker after a biopsy of a lump on my face was diagnosed Merkel Cell Carcinoma, a rare aggressive cancer. I was given an appointment very quickly. His staff is very professional and empathetic as he is. Dr Maker is very experienced with treating Merkel cell cancer which was a relief. He is familiar with the latest protocols in treatment and scheduled surgery accordingly. He partnered with an excellent plastic surgeon to ensure scarring was minimal. We talked about next steps at my follow up appointment and I left confident that my treatment was the best that could be. I have to add that I have an HMO and as many know, it's not easy to get referrals, testing and treatments. Dr Maker and staff obtained everything very quickly and my initial biopsy and subsequent surgery was all completed in one month!! Dr maker always took his time explaining everything to me and i never felt rushed or that he was getting impatient. Very important. I cannot recommend Dr Maker highly enough.

May 13th, 2016
A class of his own in his field
Amazing surgeon, excellent bedside manner, very compassionate, saved my father's life. Would highly recommend him to anyone in need with 100% confidence.

April 26th, 2016
Dr. Maker was a pleasure to deal with
I recently was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor, as a younger guy who just had a baby at the exact same time of the diagnosis, to say my family and I was a little frieked out by the diagnosis would be a major understatement. Dr. Maker and his staff, were absolutely amazing to deal with. He really put me at ease with what was happening to me, and I felt his concern for my health was very genuine. From Diagnosis, to surgery, to after surgery recovery they were there at every step again making my family and I very comfortable and at ease with what was going on. I could not be happier with my decision to leave my health and well being in their hands. It looks like I am now on the road to recovery, and I cannot thank Dr. Maker and his team enough for their compassion and professionalism.

March 6th, 2016
The entire experience with Dr. Maker was great. I had major surgery and he made the experience as comfortable as possible. His staff is amazing as well. I highly recommend Dr. Maker as a physician!

March 2nd, 2016
The staff was very helpful and informative. I love my doctor. He is very professional. i think he did an excellent job