A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ajit Desai:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ajit Desai, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Desai graduated from Medical College Baroda.
Dr. Desai has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Jeanes Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Desai accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ajit M. Desai practice?
Dr. Ajit Desai practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Perth Amboy, NJ and Old Bridge, NJ.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Hematologists, and Philadelphia Oncologists.