Dr. Ajith Potluri MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 27th, 2016
Mr.
Doctor and staff were very polite and very thorough during my appointment. I would recommend this office to anyone.

August 25th, 2016
Dr. Potluri is not a caring. He's not patient. The office staff are OK except for Rosa, the person saying she is the office manager. She talks about other patient's health and condition with everybody. She puts other patients as example. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

August 18th, 2016
this doctor saved my life

June 7th, 2016
Mr.
The Doctor and staff are always very courteous and helpful. They seem to always think of the patient first. I have a very good experience when I go to my appointment.

May 18th, 2016
Appointment
I schedule appointment for Wednesday @11:00am and I called to cancel in the same day. When I tried to schedule again, the front desk said I can never schedule you again. WTH I was never told by this office management that I couldnt reschedule. I really hope people dont go here for any type of counseling, because they are very unprofessional.

May 10th, 2016
PATIENT CARE GIVER
Dr.Potluri is an amazing psychiatrist not only he was able to diagnoses my God son appropriately but I saw how caring and compassionate he was. I have struggle with my God son for years and having him misdiagnoses by other psychiatrist was a real nightmare. Dr. Potluri bouldering's, professionalism. ethic and knowledge is mind blowing God Bless Him!!!!! . The entire staff with kind, professional specially Ms. Rosa she help me a lot and went fair and beyond for us. She gave me different referrals and other organizations that will help my God son and our family. We even had an issue with the insurances and she gave us a payment arrangement to continue the treatment. They are a blessing!!

October 10th, 2015
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, he's rude, impatient, and his ignorance is painfully obvious. I have (all diagnosed) PTSD, a couple of anxiety disorders, migraine syndrome, and needle phobia, but all he acknowledges is 'some depression and anxiety'. He takes everything very lightly and responds with annoyance. He's told me all my anxiety is due to my 'personality', and blamed me for my illnesses. Some examples of how he's treated me: 1. There are some common blood tests I should be getting done, but I have severe needle phobia. I'm willing to try getting bloodwork done, and I have tried before, but I have complete breakdowns, to the point where doctors can't touch me because it becomes dangerous. I've asked Dr. Potluri for any help with this, referrals, advice, anything, but all he does is blame me for having the phobia and lecture me. He tells me every single appointment to 'just clam down' and 'just get it done/get over it'. The way he treats me about this is extremely unprofessional and damaging. 2. I'm legally disabled. But, in order to get that officiated, I needed his approval. I've explained in depth, over multiple appointments, how severely my conditions affect me and my life. The *only* reason he agreed to helping me file for disability, was that I'm currently unable to go to college. That's it. He only is concerned about whether I can do school work, and because he thinks this may magically make me all better, he reluctantly said yes. 3. He's put me on a lot of medications in the past. He's even told me (as have my other doctors) that my body is very sensitive to medications, I can only be on very low doses and I must take a while to start/stop. Even then, I tend to be badly affected. There was a time he prescribed me Alprazolam, so I was on that for a while. Over time, I became chemically addicted and had to stop. He only took me off after I demanded that I be weaned off. Instead of going about it safely, when my bottle was empty (on a full dose), he wouldn't prescribe me more in a lower amount- I was forced to abruptly stop, and I suffered the consequences. I've been off it now, but at my last visit, he decided to put me /back on it/, double the dose, on the days he wants me to get bloodwork done. He should be very well aware of my history with the medication and the dangers associated. It doesn't matter to him. Seriously, this guy is terrible. Please save yourself the time, money, and energy.

October 5th, 2015
What a QUACK!!!!
Neither the Doctor nor the staff are worth your time. The girl at the front desk needs to take course on basic manners and the doctor is to busy on his phone and computer to properly diagnose. This office sucks, find help else where. They only want your money. Bring cash with you as that is all they take. Such scammers.

August 25th, 2015
Unprofessional Doctor and Office Staff in Kissimmee, FL Office
My husband was recently under the care of Dr Potluri. On his third visit he was told if his meds did not work he would need to go for a second opinion or have ECT. He was very sarcastic and seemed preoccupied with his phone during the visits. The office staff is very rude and difficult to work with. Be prepared to pay an arm and leg for any information you request. AND THEY ONLY TAKE CASH FOR THESE FEES. The doctor kept my husband out of work and was reevaluated each appointment. The fee for a note for work is $20.00. I have had many medical excuses from doctors and have never been charged a fee. There are two ignorant girls that work the from desk. One is a manager. By no means should they be in a position where they work with patients that have mental illness. I was thoroughly disgusted with this office and won't be back.

April 20th, 2015
I love Dr. Potluri. I had one doctor in the past for a long time and was still unstable emotionally due to a hormonal disorder. Dr. Potluri gave me the correct medication in the first visit and I have been stable for over a year. My husband, mother, nephew, brother, sister in-law, father, and grandmother, and a quite a few people I have referred all see him now. He is all about treating the patient correctly and not pushing meds that will bring him more money. He has helped many people and he even checks your blood pressure and weight to make sure the meds are not giving you side affects. I am so glad we found him.

January 23rd, 2015
Kind of rude in words to patients. Not good for patients with mental illness.

February 21st, 2013
Behavior Health
I was admitted to Crisis Behavior Management due to severe Insomnia and anxiety due to family issues. Dr. Ajith told my husband that I was, "very,very sick and that he would fight through the courts and a judge to not let me go home until he felt I was better enough to be released." I am Bipolar, but not even depressed. I completed 4 yrs.of therapy successfully reaching my goals. He did not at all, "listen" to me and my reason there to only get a good night sleep. He also did not listen when I told him my story- dozens of times during the conversation. One ex., I shared that I needed glasses in 4th grade, but my parents did not get me them until 6th grade. Immediately after he asked, Did you ever wear glasses Kelly?" I feel very badly for his two Practicum students. He put me on a medication that I was no longer taking and also increased the dosage. He denied me of napping, which also exaserbated all my anxiety symptoms as well as created new ones. (sever stuttering and body tremors that were so bad they took me to the ground. Still, he would not see that I was not meant to be there of sound mind- just being more deprived of sleep and this all was adding to my overwhelming anxiety disorder. I fought off various panic attacks during my time there, but did not mention bc I felt I would not believed once again. My overall health was put in danger and exhonarated- all bc this man felt his, "Professional Opinion" was to override mine- and had his entire staff making sure his decisions were taken out. The worst part was waking up in the night not knowing where I was, the reason I was being made to stay, and when he would release me.The whole experience was damaging to my health, well being, and will be engrained in my Psyche forever. I remained calm and collected the entire time. I am in fact well, but still have nightmares, and have to sleep with the light on. Thank you for, "listening"!