Internist, Hospitalist

5555 W Thunderbird Rd
Glendale, AZ 85306
602-865-5445
Locations and availability (3)

|  Doctor Focused  |  show details
by A Grandmother on Nov 30th, 2013

I was very unhappy with my treatment at Dr. Purush’s office. I am over 80 years old and have extensive experience with doctors. My short time with him was the worst I've experienced. I was transitioning from a retired doctor with whom I had been seen for 20yr, to a new one. I was asked to fill out 8 pages of medical information, which the office lost. Then, when I arrived for my first appointment I had to fill everything out again (my medical history is very extensive). After waiting for an hour, the doctor arrived and sat in the only available chair in the cubicle and proceeded to have a 5 minute consultation with me, during which he agreed I had severe arthritis but was otherwise healthy. He told me to return in 3 months for a follow up appointment. Shortly after this I broke my toe and had to take my pain medication at night to sleep and during the day to walk. I called Dr Purush’s office for a refill/appointment sooner. I was told I could not have a refill until my appointment 3 weeks from then. I said I was in pain and I needed the refill sooner. I was told by the receptionist “It is our policy not to prescribe medication till your next appointment” and wouldn’t give me an appointment sooner. I was in great pain and told them that this was not going to work for me. I shortly received a letter from the doctor telling me that "I will not be able to provide medical care to you after 30 days." Considering he hadn't provided me any medical care until that time; this was no loss. If you are looking for a doctor who puts the needs of the patient first, listens to the patient and considers pain control important, then find someone other than Dr. Purush. I feel this doctor’s office had absolutely no concern for my situation.

|  BEST DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2013

OK so a little wait time. Other than that - and it does not matter because reception area is great and comfy, the experience is great. Doctor is warm and compassionate, He has Nurses as assistants in the exam room and everyone is knowledgeable and helpful. Finally a doctors office I do not dread to visit !!

|  A really good doctor!  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2013

Finally, a doctor I can trust, and I'm tough to please! Dr Purush now has a private practice, and his entire staff is very courteous, friendly, and professional. When my husband passed away recently, everyone, including Dr Purush was very compassionate, and offered their condolences and any assistance I may need. I'd never had a doctor give me a hug in condolence! He's very warm and compassionate with his patients, and really does care! He's very thorough in his care, and he's been very accurate in diagnosing my issues and the appropriate medications and dosages. He explains everything to you, and answers your questions. He almost always schedules follow-up visits right then if he starts a new course of treatment - he doesn't wait for something to happen to see you. Just an overall positive experience I thought I'd never see again in the medical profession!

|  best there is and he is taking new patients  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2011

great bedside manner, caring and staff (for a change) were great too. He has nurses instead of assistants. Great office environment

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

Great office experience considering why I was there. He goes through all history and doesn't write perscriptions without knowing what is best for you. The office staff is great also and extremely helpful.