inactive

Ajoy K Roy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 6th, 2015
Very bad experience.
Missed diagnosis. Failed to run basic blood tests which could have identified celiac and lactose intolerance. Instead went right to invasive colonoscopy, heavy duty antibiotics (without a diagnosis), antidepressants, and radiation-inflicting scans. Left me with a diagnosis of ibs, no further advice. Like pulling teeth to get to see the dr, you only get PAs. What could have been a simple diagnosis and treatment turned into long-term illness, confusion, permanent damage. Don't go here.

September 29th, 2015
A good doctor

June 15th, 2015
Missed a serious diagnosis
I had a very bad experience. It is impossible to see the doctor unless your colonoscopy is abnormal, they told me, so I had to see PAs. They couldn't find anything wrong with the colonoscopy, so gave me a catchall diagnosis of IBS and offered me antiobiotics and antidepressants, despite me telling them that SSRIs make my gut even worse and give me withdrawal. I got a shrug and "we'll, that's what we usually recommend." I asked about a dietician and got a shrug. The whole experience felt like a dead end. Much later another doctor found celiac disease and malabsorption due to bacterial overgrowth. But by then the disease had progressed and I have developed multiple complications: autoimmune thyroiditis, vitamin deficiencies, iron anemia, b12 anemia, and extensive neurological damage. I'm 31 and have spent the last few years becoming progressively disabled while searching desperately for care. This office did not strike me as a place where they give you much time and attention. They basically just churn out colonoscopies.

February 2nd, 2015
Everyone in the office is so nice to me when I come in I really feel important when I go there