A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akash Makkar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akash Makkar, array("display_title"=> is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Makkar
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Makkar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akash Makkar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Makkar graduated from G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Makkar has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Children's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Akash Makkar MD is a male Internist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Akash Makkar practice?
- Dr. Akash Makkar has 10 office locations.
Dr. Akash Makkar practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Ann Arbor, MI and Livonia, MI.
See Houston Internists and Houston Cardiologists.