A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akbar Waljee:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akbar Waljee is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Waljee
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Waljee Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akbar Waljee, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Waljee graduated from Emory University , Atlanta. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Waljee has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University Of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Akbar Waljee MD is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Akbar Waljee practice?
- Dr. Akbar Waljee has 3 office locations.
Dr. Akbar Waljee practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Internists and Ann Arbor Gastroenterologists.