A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akber Ashraf:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akber Ashraf, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Ashraf graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Ashraf has 12 hospital affiliations:
- North Central Medical Center
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ashraf accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan