A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akber Hassam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akber Hassam is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Hassam graduated from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai.
Dr. Hassam has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Hospital Amsterdam
- Nathan Littauer Hospital
- Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hassam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 15 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Akber H. Hassam practice?
Dr. Akber Hassam practices Internal Medicine near Johnstown, NY.
See Johnstown Internists.