Dr. Akhil Sharma MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Victorville, CA

March 8th, 2017
Doctor is good, I've had a few problems, but he's always been very nice and great with my boys. His staff on the other hand is terrible, first off just trying to get them to answer is a mission it's always busy and then when you finally get through your on hold for 15 mins if not longer, and it always take me like 20+ Times of calling to even get an answer! Then they never have an available appointment for my children until a few weeks out I always here why don't you take them to urgent care. So frustrating. There staff is just plain rude too the way they talk to you and roll their eyes is ridiculous and I've caught them in lies as well.If I could rate his staff a 0 or even negative I would.

December 26th, 2016
Finally a Dr who cares for his patients
I love Dr Sharma my kids love Dr Sharma, his PA Anna is amazing as well. They get to know you as someone the care for not just as their patients. It's sad to hear that his front end is making a bad word for his office. He tries to help these students coming out of school and it don't always turn out great for him.. any problems I have I go straight to him and I can PROMISE you that my problem does not happen anymore. Coming from barstow to see him and been there 13 yes and still have 16 yrs to go before I leave unless he leaves first. Love how he interacts with my kids and explains to them too. Parents any issues you have please see him before changing Dr's

July 21st, 2016
Dr is very nice and attentive but bad at following up with patient.Always seems like he is in too much of a hurry.Staff is AWFUL!!!!!!bad at follow up,referrals,answering phones,caring,etc etc etc

September 1st, 2015
Don't waste your time
I rated the Staff, Diagnosis, Manner, and Follow up all average because I was not actually able to get in for an appt.. However, I felt it necessary to leave a review because most of the reviews are not recent. I called on 2 different lines. My house # first after about 10 minutes of holding I thought they may have forgotten about my call so I called from my cell and continued to hold on both lines. The total hold time was 32 minutes. When the staff member answered I asked for a same day which they did not have available. She informed me that I should have called in earlier (mind you I made my initial call at 8am, when they opened). She continued to say they accept 5 walk ins every morning between 8-9am and since they already did that for today I can try to walk in tomorrow or schedule my child for next week. I would not recommend this practice to anyone . I have also been reminded why after 7 years in the high desert I have kept my children's pediatrician down the hill. Service and quality has been no existent in the High Desert

August 3rd, 2015
I love Dr. Sharma, as my pediatrician because he knows what he is doing , and cares about his patients. His staff is excellent.

April 16th, 2015
he is great. staff awefull

March 16th, 2015
Yea.. Good luck
Good luck getting past their incompetent staff to get an appointment. We called twice to get an appointment for our newborn and both times they said they would call us back. That never happened.. We finally desided to just go in and try to make an appointment or get our new baby in as soon as possible. The hicky covered girl at the front desk informed us that they would not be able to see us for four days even though our baby was high risk for jaundice and we had tried to make an appointment previously. So... Good luck.

February 13th, 2015
Amazing! He is really good and does what's best for you. I'd give him five stars if it wasn't for the wait

May 13th, 2014
Extremely Poor Service
Trying to get an appointment with the doctor is frustrating. It begins with at least 5-15 minutes of being on hold. When you do get to make an appointment it is always one month out. It is impossible to actually see the DOCTOR at this office without waiting for weeks. Latest appt w/Dr. is at 3pm. Getting a call back after getting X-Rays or blood work? Doesn't happen, it's your responsibility to call them, leave a message, and hope they get back to you. Need a referral? Well, that won't happen...after leaving SEVERAL messages I still haven't received a call back from their office manager (or whoever does referrals). Ended up using PPO at a different Dr. office.

December 16th, 2013
Mrs
I LOVE Dr Sharma he really is the best. He's been the doctor for my kids since they were born, he is awesome with my kids, BUT office staff really sucks. All rude and not polite at all. Specially all the girls at the front desk. I work for a medical field also and Ive never seen this happened anywhere else.

August 15th, 2013
love dr. sharma!!....but.......
I love dr. sharma hes great with our son , very impressed HOWEVER !! HIS STAFF IS TERRIBLE , AS SOON AS YOU WALK IN THEY LOOK AT YOU AS IF YOUR DOING SOMTHING WRONG ( that's if they even acknowledge you at all) BY THE TIME THE UNPROFESSIONAL GIRL BEHIND THE DESK IS DONE PUTTING ON HER MAKE UP , SHE CHECKS YOU IN,, THEN AFTER SITTING FOR "ATLEAST" AN HOUR OF ANT INFESTED SEATS YOU FINALLY GET CALLED BACK, WITH NO ID BADGE OR ANY INTRODUCTION FROM STAFF, A RANDOM GIRL HELPS WITH YOU HER 4 WEEKS OF EXPERIENCE , then dr. sharma comes in an its all good, ..THATS THE HONEST TRUTH,,HEY IT IS WHAT IT IS...

February 19th, 2013
worst front desk staff ever
Dr. Sharks is a great and caring man however people would not know that based on his front desk staff. The woman with the dark is rude and very short. She never wants to answer questions and if she does she is rude about it. Wait time is 4 hours and counting...