Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Feb 11th, 2016

Stay away, if you know someone who was lost while in his care, because they never got better, only worse, please contact NJ attorney general to start asking questions.

New secretary is the devil show details New secretary is the devil
by Finding a new doctor on Nov 18th, 2015

The doctor is okay but his office staff consists of one secretary who is the rudest, nastiest, arrogant and unprofessional woman I have ever met. She will hang up on you and not tell the doctor you called, even when you express that it's a very urgent, medication related issue that requires speaking with him

If you want to go to a doc that actually cares about you, do not go to him show details If you want to go to a doc that actually cares about you, do not go to him
by John T. on Jun 11th, 2015

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone, even if it was someone that I disliked greatly. I would never subject anyone to the way that he had made me feel. I went to him for help with my severe depression and anxiety and instead of even acknowledging that I was depressed. He informed me that he has seen many patients and that I in fact was not depressed. I told him I felt like not existing. I don't feel like he listens to me, but instead is in a race to write out my eight scripts as fast as possible and get me out of the office so he can move onto the next person. Anyone who thinks that they are being helped by him are being easily fooLed by his cheesy fake smile. There was a time when I thought that he was this, but I realize this is all just a superficial act for him to smile, nod and get money. My advice is do not see this man. He made me feel worse than I already was feeling.

Great doctor!!!! show details Great doctor!!!!
by Jenn. M on Jun 17th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hossian's for almost 5 years now. He has helped me through some really hard times in my life and I'm grateful for that. Getting an appointment is always easy, I hardly ever have to wait and my visit isn't hours long like some! As far as others are saying about him being a "drug dealer" I don't find that to be true at all! He is always encouraging me to take less medication. I don't agree with the negtive comments but everyone is entitled to have there own opinion! I personally would recommend him to anyone, he is a great dr.

A great Psychiatrist show details A great Psychiatrist
by Anonymous on Jan 11th, 2014 on doctor.com

Dr. Hossain was very friendly and helped me understand what I was going through. He is very down to earth and I left his office with an assurance that ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Very down to earth show details Very down to earth
Jan 11th, 2014

Dr. Hossain was very friendly and help me understand what I was going through. He is very down to earth and I left his office with an assurance that he was going to help me through my illness.

Worst doctor show details Worst doctor
Aug 6th, 2013

He does not care about what you are going through. When you talk to him he just says "hmm, hmm ok" and starts getting his script out. He has even started to fall asleep while talking to him. The receptionist is the worst. She is rude and unethical and talks to you in any way she wants. The doctor is her puppet and she controls the show. All he cares about is money and prescribing you medication. I was only supposed to be on this type of medicine for a year at most but he just kept on prescribing not once listening or ever treating the mental side of addiction. If you want to get better font go to this doctor but find one that actually really cares about u n not prescribing for money and one where the receptionist is not rude. She treats patients like they are pieces of crap n thinks she can talk to you in any way she wants. They are lucky that no one has sued them yet! And even if you make an appt you will still have to wait long times to see the doctor.

terrible doctor show details terrible doctor
Sep 21st, 2012

This doctor is ONLY interested in putting you on a million different meds! He doesn't care what you have to say or what you have been through, he believes every problem can be solved by a medication. If you happen to unlucky enough to be a pt on the SMC behavioral health floor (5W) be careful to not voice your opinion too loud. If you disagree with him or are having a bad day, he will try to commit you into a state hospital and if you get upset about that, he'll inject you with haldol! But he'll never be the one to tell you why he made that decision, he leaves his dirty work up to the nurses. He is ridiculous! I was never a patient, I actually worked for him, so I am not just a bitter patient.