Medical Director Adult Psychiatry
153 North Auten Avenue
Suite 1
Somerville, NJ 08876
(908) 231-7700
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Warning!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2014

A family member experiencing some anxiety saw this doctor. Dr. Hossain locked our adult family member in a multi prescription drug induced foggy nightmare with increased anxiety for 2 years, increasing meds and ignoring warnings from family of adverse and dangerous side effects and overall worsening, over and over again. He had the patient come back, 15 minutes a month, pay cash, and writes prescriptions for highly addictive drugs he convinces the patient they cannot go without. We were lucky because we were able to finally get our family member to go for an emergency evaluation far from Hossains reach. They were admitted immediately for medically monitored detox from Dr. Hossain's prescriptions and finally ended the nightmare "care" Hossain provided. The patient does not require any of the drugs Hossain prescribed.

|  Great doctor!!!!  |  show details
by Jenn. M on Jun 17th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hossian's for almost 5 years now. He has helped me through some really hard times in my life and I'm grateful for that. Getting an appointment is always easy, I hardly ever have to wait and my visit isn't hours long like some! As far as others are saying about him being a "drug dealer" I don't find that to be true at all! He is always encouraging me to take less medication. I don't agree with the negtive comments but everyone is entitled to have there own opinion! I personally would recommend him to anyone, he is a great dr.

|  Glorified Drug Dealer  |  show details
May 28th, 2014

Our mother fell victim to this man's "care" while trying to live her life in recovery from heroin. She was under his "treatment" for 5 painful years. Knowing our mother's history of addiction Hossain still kept throwing more and more medication at her. I even informed his office of the medication abuse and dangerous signs to her health, put without fail he just kept writing those scripts, as long is she showed up with the cash. Our mother told him time and time again that she wanted to come off the medication, but no, no the doctor kept increasing her supply. Once the Dr.s office knew we were on to their cash-&-carry pill practice the nasty receptionist Mary threatened to have me arrested if I came to the office. Mary no longer works there. 15 days ago our mother died of an accidental overdose that is how she finally got out of Hossain's care. Its all about the $125 co-pay(CASH ONLY). He will not listen or work towards a goal with a patient. Hossain- you are nothing more than a glorified drug dealer with a prescription pad and your license is a tragedy to the medical profession. The only reason there's one star is so I could post this. We love you Mama and will miss you until we meet again.

|  Very down to earth  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2014

Dr. Hossain was very friendly and help me understand what I was going through. He is very down to earth and I left his office with an assurance that he was going to help me through my illness.

|  Worst doctor  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2013

He does not care about what you are going through. When you talk to him he just says "hmm, hmm ok" and starts getting his script out. He has even started to fall asleep while talking to him. The receptionist is the worst. She is rude and unethical and talks to you in any way she wants. The doctor is her puppet and she controls the show. All he cares about is money and prescribing you medication. I was only supposed to be on this type of medicine for a year at most but he just kept on prescribing not once listening or ever treating the mental side of addiction. If you want to get better font go to this doctor but find one that actually really cares about u n not prescribing for money and one where the receptionist is not rude. She treats patients like they are pieces of crap n thinks she can talk to you in any way she wants. They are lucky that no one has sued them yet! And even if you make an appt you will still have to wait long times to see the doctor.

|  terrible doctor  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

This doctor is ONLY interested in putting you on a million different meds! He doesn't care what you have to say or what you have been through, he believes every problem can be solved by a medication. If you happen to unlucky enough to be a pt on the SMC behavioral health floor (5W) be careful to not voice your opinion too loud. If you disagree with him or are having a bad day, he will try to commit you into a state hospital and if you get upset about that, he'll inject you with haldol! But he'll never be the one to tell you why he made that decision, he leaves his dirty work up to the nurses. He is ridiculous! I was never a patient, I actually worked for him, so I am not just a bitter patient.

|  A wonderful psychiatrist...  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

My son, Philip Geiger, was a patient at SMC, Mental Health Unit. He has been having mental health issues since he was 8 yrs. old. It's been a long struggle getting him appropriate care since he's now about to be 28 yrs. old. Honestly, for the first time, we feel that we've found a Dr. who truly helped him. Our opinion of him is that he's a stellar Physician in his field. Brenda Yates