A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akhtar Husain:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akhtar Husain, MD is board certified in Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Husain graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Husain has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Husain accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 15 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Priority Health - 6 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Akhtar Husain practice?
Dr. Akhtar Husain practices Surgery near Riverview, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Brownstown Twp, MI and Taylor, MI.
See Riverview Surgeons.