A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akhtar Khan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akhtar Khan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Khan
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Khan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akhtar Khan, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Critical Care
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Transplantation
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Khan graduated from Kabir Medical College, Peshawar.
Dr. Khan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- Allegheny General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Akhtar S Khan BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Akhtar S. Khan practice?
- Dr. Akhtar Khan has 1 office location.
Dr. Akhtar Khan practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons.