A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akhtar Khan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akhtar Khan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akhtar Khan, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Critical Care
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Transplantation
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Khan graduated from Kabir Medical College, Peshawar.
Dr. Khan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- Jefferson Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Akhtar S Khan BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Akhtar S. Khan practice?
- Dr. Akhtar Khan has 2 office locations.
Dr. Akhtar Khan practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Clairton, PA.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons.