Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Akifa Samdani
Dr. Akifa Samdani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Sports Medicine, Internal Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Samdani is affiliated with NY Presbyterian Hospital, Mt Sinai Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell. She speaks English.
Dr. Akifa Samdani has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain....
Dr. Akifa Samdani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.
Dr Gerard Varlotta
Sports Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
New York, NY
Dr. Charles Saha
Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine
New York, NY 0 mi24
Dr. Monika Bogal
Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine
New York, NY 0 mi18