A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Akila Venkataraman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Akila Venkataraman, Neurologist with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, Pediatrician is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Akila Venkataraman, MD is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
Education & Awards
Dr. Venkataraman graduated from Kasturba Medical College Manipal.
Dr. Venkataraman has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Lutheran Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Venkataraman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 9 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- WellCare - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Akila D. Venkataraman practice?
Dr. Akila Venkataraman practices Neurology and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Brooklyn Neurologists.