Dr. Akram Hassanyeh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

September 13th, 2012
Front Receptionist is VERY Rude!
My first visit was about three weeks ago. I had a gallbladder attack and the ER doctor referred me to Dr. Hassanyeh. Upon arriving on my first visit, I was never greeted or acknowledged. In fact I signed in and stood at the check in window for several minutes because I knew as a first time patient I would need to fill out new patient forms. After several minutes, the receptionist finally acknowledged me. She said "I'm going to have to close this [window] to make a phone call...patient privacy). So, I went and sat down beside my friend who had accompanied me during this visit. My friend even commented on how rude the receptionist was. I didn't really think anything of it because I know we are all human and we all have "bad" days. (I'm so bubbly and friendly that it's hard to wrap my mind around someone who could be rude all the time). On my second visit, which occured a week after surgery (last week), the response and treatment was no different. The receptionist came off very rude and "Cold" again. Today, for my final and I do mean FINAL visit, I made the 45 minute trip over to Dr. Hassanyeh's office to take Martha (who I had been communicating with over the phone) some paperwork to clear up an insurance mishap. Upon arriving, the receptionist was helping someone so I had a seat until she appeared to be finished with him. I then made my way to the window where I stood about a minute (I must admit this was alot better timing than the first visit), she then said "Yes ma'am" At which point, I explained that I needed to see Ms. Martha. She then rudely and harshly (my friend again was with me and could attest to her bitterness) that "Well Ms. Martha is backed up with patients, you see all these patients that are here for surgery, she is backed up with every single one of them" She then seemed to try and recover with "I'd be happy to give her something if you'd like" It was not what she said, but how she spoke to me. I have never been treated like this at a doctors office EVER. Like I said, the first visit I could have blew off as having a bad day but three times (in three weeks) in a row is a bit much. I asked my friend to make sure I just didn't take her the wrong way but again, my friend agreed this lady was very rude.Dr. Hassanyeh as a surgeon is tremendous. He was very attentive and answered all my questions. He removed my gallbladder and it appears I will have very minimal scarring. He is a great surgeon. However, based on my treatment by the receptionist, I will find another surgeon in the future. This was the first doctor's office that I have went to where I was not greeted with a smile (that just seems like common courtesy). If the receptionist is in the middle of something, she could politely greet the patient and say "Hey welcome to .... we are right in the middle of something, if you will have a seat, we will be with you momentarily." At least acknowledge the patients and don't make them stand there feeling awkward especially when it's the patients first visit and every doctor's office has different procedures. Again, the receptionist is the face of the business. The first person the patient has contact with...the first impression!